Carl Palmer Still Has it!

drumnut87

Silver Member
definitely a good drummer!! heard he's quite arrogant though. but i could be wrong.

Seafroggys

Silver Member
That man has always been in tip top shape. You've been able to tell since their original 1992 reunion that he was way fitter than Emerson and Lake. His efforts to keep in shape are really paying off now that he can continue to play at that caliber into his 70s.

Let this be a lesson to you all to stay fit and in shape! Your older self will thank you.

mikyok

Platinum Member
Saw him on the Asia reunion in 2006, he's bloody good live.

Him and his bro Steve are both amazing players. I had a year of lessons from Steve, he's a great latin teacher. Quite amazing for a bloke from Handsworth in Birmingham :ROFLMAO:

Drumolator

Platinum Member
I saw Emerson, Lake, and Palmer once and Asia twice, once in the 80s and once in the 2000s. Peace and goodwill.

Croc

Saw him on one of the ELP tribute tours about 5 years ago. At the meet and greet, he was friendly and funny, making a pretty good wisecrack about my King Crimson shirt. When the trio begin playing, he looked a little sluggish and off track. I thought "Oh, man, he has hung around too long and this is going to be sad". About the third song, he tightened up remarkably and played great the rest of the night. I'd see him again.

GretschedHive

Gold Member
That man has always been in tip top shape. You've been able to tell since their original 1992 reunion that he was way fitter than Emerson and Lake. His efforts to keep in shape are really paying off now that he can continue to play at that caliber into his 70s.

Let this be a lesson to you all to stay fit and in shape! Your older self will thank you.
Since I know when ELP started, I intellectually know roughly how old he must be. But looking at him there, I would’ve said he was late 50s at the most, and maybe prematurely (entirely) gray in his 40s.