Can't take the pain anymore, just ordered a spinal glide throne.

Jasta 11

My tailbone has never been the same since crashing during a motorcycle race years ago. ( i personally don't recommend getting of a bike at around 155 MPH btw.)
Prior to the covid shutdown i was suffering a lot to the point I hated taking breaks at gigs because I couldn't get up from my throne without pain. I have a really nice Pork Pie throne I've had for 3 years but so many gigs and so many hours each week in the seat are getting to me. I did some research and narrowed it down to an Ahead Spinal Glide, round top. I will post an update when it arrives in a few days. It wont be here for tomorrows gig but should be for this coming Tuesday's gig.

My tailbone has never been the same since crashing during a motorcycle race years ago. ( i personally don't recommend getting of a bike at around 155 MPH btw.)
Prior to the covid shutdown i was suffering a lot to the point I hated taking breaks at gigs because I couldn't get up from my throne without pain. I have a really nice Pork Pie throne I've had for 3 years but so many gigs and so many hours each week in the seat are getting to me. I did some research and narrowed it down to an Ahead Spinal Glide, round top. I will post an update when it arrives in a few days. It wont be here for tomorrows gig but should be for this coming Tuesday's gig.

Jastn. You will like this throne a lot. I wished I ordered the round throne. But I received a very good deal at $130 and it's worth every penny and them some.:)

Yep, the seat top is the heavy part. I ordered mine with the matching base just to be sure :)

It's always a good idea to use a back friendly throne. I bought a Tama hydraulic chair some years ago, and it's such an improvement! Never tried the spinal glide, but the suspension comfort of a hydraulic chair might be a smidge better.

I didn't receive it in time for yesterdays gig but it came this afternoon. So far first impression, it is more firm than i expected and pretty heavy overall. Im going to bring it to rehearsal tomorrow night and use it at this weekends gig. I like the support from the firm top.

I didn't receive it in time for yesterdays gig but it came this afternoon. So far first impression, it is more firm than i expected and pretty heavy overall. Im going to bring it to rehearsal tomorrow night and use it at this weekends gig. I like the support from the firm top.

Hey Jasta. How's the seat working?

Holy crap I forgot to mention! Rehearsal last Thursday was the first test, 2 hours an about 10 min without standing up. I was impressed after that, Then our gig on the 4th was 4 hours long, only 2 short breaks,, no issues at all, this thing ( and probably the Carmichael throne as well ) is a cure for anyone who has tail bone pain. One of the best purchases I've made for drumming. Heavy top due to the support plate but very well made, nice solid 3 leg base with screw type adjustment. Not cheap but I really needed this thing! In action on the 4th.20200704_204457 (3).jpg

Last edited:
May your coccyx be forever pampered.

A comfortable seat is the most important piece of hardware.

Rock n Sock nitro motorcycle seat for my keister.

Back