Can't search "rim shots"

Mastiff

It removes "rim" because it is "too short or too common". Is there a way around this besides using Google instead of the site search function?

I was just able to search for it.... you must put quotes around it like "rim shot". But I agree, the search tool still fails sometimes.

When I put it in quotes, it still gives the same message about ignoring "rim". Are you sure you didn't just miss it? It still gives results.

When I put it in quotes, it still gives the same message about ignoring "rim". Are you sure you didn't just miss it? It still gives results.
Well I did miss that LOL. But then I looked at the search results below the error message and it included results with "rim shot", "rimshot", "rim shots".

Rimshot gets me results.

Check the "search titles only" box

Or start a new thread.

Hm rimshots pulls up a very different set of results than you all are getting...better clean out my cache.?

I've had the same thing when looking for info on my starter kit, but, it's probably because it's a starter kit. :D

If you add the asterisk wild card character after "rim" (or any other three letter or less word), it searches for "rim" followed by any other characters that follow in the same word, so "rim* shots" (without the quotes, naturally) will give you the results you're seeking (albeit also with results containing "rims" and other words that start with "rim"). I found this very thread as the first result, without the "ignored" message. I have no idea why Drummerworld cares if a search term is four or more letters.

A rimshot is when you punch someone in the head and shin at same time-badabing-now the sting some call a rimshot. I'd do that to the pastor at church when he told a corny joke LOL. I mean the sting-not punching him in the head and shin. Thought I might need to clarify that-none were ever that bad to warrant that. Now this associate pastor oh man a story for another time-he got fired.

Back