Can you help me?

BabyBob

Silver Member
Good day members of DW,

I am currently learning to write music it's sort of a 'mini assignment by my teacher' I ain't sure how to write this part of this song, Holy Diver by Dio. The drummer for this song is Vinny Appice. Here's the link, Holy Diver - Dio.

The part I'm having trouble is the fill which starts from 2:15 and ends at 2:18. Which I am able to play but I just don't know how to write it down.

It's Crash+Bass, Snare(L), Crash+Bass, I believe a 8th note rest, Crash+Bass, another rest, A triplet(?) ( I think it's a 16th note one) I play the 1st 2 strokes on the 1st tom and the last on the 2nd tom, and another triplet(?) the 1st tom and the floor tom, however there seems to be a rest somewhere.

Can you guys help me figure it out ? I'll post the pic on what I've written down later.

Thank You for your time and have a Great Day!
BB

My two cents. I think I got most of it correct, except that because the cymbals are supposed to ring out, the first 2 beats should have the curved lines linking each beat. But I know they have to have dots or whatever to be noted correctly. The tom part with the question mark was really annoying, no sure how to note 16th note triplets that are split up.

Attachments

• IMAG0600.jpg (1).zip
    968.9 KB · Views: 55
Here's the pic I wanted to posted earlier, was busy :(

otzBvxq.jpg

wait

why is my pic so big I didn't make it big !!!

My two cents. I think I got most of it correct, except that because the cymbals are supposed to ring out, the first 2 beats should have the curved lines linking each beat. But I know they have to have dots or whatever to be noted correctly. The tom part with the question mark was really annoying, no sure how to note 16th note triplets that are split up.

What do you think about what I've written ?

You transcribing the whole song or something? I had SUCH a hassle transcribing that one fill! Been a while since I've even read music....anyway I'd be interested in reading whatever else you're doing

You transcribing the whole song or something? I had SUCH a hassle transcribing that one fill! Been a while since I've even read music....anyway I'd be interested in reading whatever else you're doing

Yeah the whole song, to improve my transcribing skills haha. Also to learn the song.

Back