Can wait to have my blue Pearl Export '99!?

Awesome! Looks to be in great shape and most pearl parts are pretty universal should you need to replace anything. I like that blue color!

Awesome! Looks to be in great shape and most pearl parts are pretty universal should you need to replace anything. I like that blue color!
Oh thanks very much. I know it comes with a hi hat, a crash and a ride. But this one only has one crash and one hi hat, and that's ok it's a good thing I bought some cymbals (3 crashes, one splash and a ride) previously along with some cymbal stands.

CLASSIC workhorse. Great kit. My buddy has been using his as a practice kit, it seems like and may be about 30 years now. He needs to clean em up and show em some love. But they don't care. They just keep rockin'.

Enjoy :cool:

Whoa!..not just Pearl..cobalt blue! Pearl..stretch! Lugs making it another! notch cooler..black reso head on the bass drum telling! everyone that you are a notch cooler than the average cool guy. You only need one more thing...some pinstripe heads...oops..i see you've got those to. Makes me think Jeff Porcaro right away. That's not your average set. Should I keep going?.

Whoa!..not just Pearl..cobalt blue! Pearl..stretch! Lugs making it another! notch cooler..black reso head on the bass drum telling! everyone that you are a notch cooler than the average cool guy. You only need one more thing...some pinstripe heads...oops..i see you've got those to. Makes me think Jeff Porcaro right away. That's not your average set. Should I keep going?.
Well my friend previously ordered it from thedrumrecycler website. I wish I could have pinstripe heads.......unless it's Remo drum heads. Oh the answer to your "Should I Keep Going?" question is........up to you man. Oh the cymbals I bought is from online shopping and the cymbal brand I ordered and bought is IRIN.

Last edited:
I first fell in love with cobalt blue when yamaha offered it in a recording custom finish decades ago. I was again reminded how that shade of blue was well suited for drums when I happened along a clip on YouTube of Vinnie unwrapping his new Gretsch kit in cobalt blue. It ranks as an all time favorite up there with blue and silver sparkle. The Pearl logo will always remind me of a dear friend Larrie Londin.

I first fell in love with cobalt blue when yamaha offered it in a recording custom finish decades ago. I was again reminded how that shade of blue was well suited for drums when I happened along a clip on YouTube of Vinnie unwrapping his new Gretsch kit in cobalt blue. It ranks as an all time favorite up there with blue and silver sparkle. The Pearl logo will always remind me of a dear friend Larrie Londin.
Oh I see. I go check it out.

I believe that's an Export from around 1999.
I got the 'Anniversary Edition' which had an added 10x10" tom (same badge).
The finish is called Deep Blue if i recall correctly.
I was purely for nostalgic reasons looking for a similar kit a while ago since i sold my Export around 2002/2003 and have regretted it ever since!
Can try to find some pics.

Back