Can this work as a drum cover?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
It depends how much of the kit you want to cover. I think a larger tarp would be more effective for concealing and protecting the kit.

Bermuda

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Something bigger will probalby just cost a buck or two more. They're everywhere, I guess in the US somewhere like Home Depot.

For indoors I just got a king size bed sheet. Just for dust and as a sign for people to stay off.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
HF has bigger sizes but these are usually a freebie with a purchase. It can work, but I wouldn't use it if you store your drums in a humid environment. The moisture will collect and remain under the tarpaulin.

beeter

Yup they're free with purchase lol. I'm only needing to cover the drum set from dust. Would you say cloth based material is best?

There are times when I don't play my drums for weeks. It's in the basement. Not sure how humid it gets down there.

HF has bigger sizes but these are usually a freebie with a purchase. It can work, but I wouldn't use it if you store your drums in a humid environment. The moisture will collect and remain under the tarpaulin.

Mongrel

Silver Member
Go with the bedsheet, or something else breathable.

A king size fitted sheet with the elastic would probably cover most kits-not including cymbals.

Those tarps are also kind of scratchy for lack of a better word. I wouldn’t want one rubbing up against my lacquer finished Tamas.