Can someone transcribe this fill for me please ?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
The best way to learn something is to do it for yourself. Judging by your request, you can read music. The flipside of that is being able to write music. I won't transcribe the fills for you, but I'll tell you how to figure out what they are:

You can grab the audio from the video (there are programs and some sound cards that allow you to record audio as your computer plays it) and slow it down so that the notes are at a reasonable tempo. They're pretty straight ahead 16ths (or 8ths, depending on how you count) and played very clean, and actually not that fast. You copy just the specific fill, and play it as a loop so it repeats over and over and over.

From there, you can transcribe if you like, or based on repeated listens, you'll get the fill anyway without having to write it just so you can read it.

Hope that helps, and I hope you understand about doing the work for yourself.

Bermuda

mind_drummer

Platinum Member
You can grab the audio from the video (there are programs and some sound cards that allow you to record audio as your computer plays it) and slow it down so that the notes are at a reasonable tempo. They're pretty straight ahead 16ths (or 8ths, depending on how you count) and played very clean, and actually not that fast. You copy just the specific fill, and play it as a loop so it repeats over and over and over.

Bermuda
He just need to download a freeware program (i assume he's on windows) called GetFLV and paste his youtube link in the program and select "Download FLV" and then use again GetFLV and select "Rip audio from FLV file" with the video file he has saved in his computer and save the result in mp3 file. Work from the mp3 file from there.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
He just need to download a freeware program (i assume he's on windows) called GetFLV and paste his youtube link in the program and select "Download FLV" and then use again GetFLV and select "Rip audio from FLV file" with the video file he has saved in his computer and save the result in mp3 file. Work from the mp3 file from there.
Cool, good to know. :)

Bermuda

Bradastronaut

Thanks guys, i understand i need to learn to figure it out myself :D

I just quickly downloaded the audio and slowed down the first fill (from 1:55) think am getting it like!

LinearDrummer

Silver Member
Is there a program/player that will play the mp3s slowed down without sounding muddy and distorted?

Terry Branam

Official DW Chief Transcriber
The "Transcribe!" software does a nice job as well. You can check it out here:

http://www.seventhstring.com/

It's pretty pricey at $50, but it's very nice.

Honestly though, nothing takes the place of repetitive listening to develop your ear.

Good luck!

Last edited: