Can someone tell me what type of Pearl Rhythm Traveler I Have?

vyacheslav

Hello,

I am familiar with the 1st and 2nd generation Rhythm Traveler kits. I picked this one up used and I have not seen another one like this.

This is the "pod" 2nd generation. But the only two models I have seen are black with black hardware or burgundy with black hardware. Mine is a blue/gray color, with chrome hardware. Also, the tom sizes are 8/10/12 with a 10" snare. The other 2nd generation models all have 12" snares. The bass is a 14" (Depth) x 16" (Diameter)

Finally, I have not seen these particular lugs used on any other Pearl product. The snare looks like the M-80 Firecracker snare that they have out now, but the other lugs don't seem to be used in any other Pearl models.

All the badges on the shell are labeled "Rhythm Traveler" so it's not like it's a custom job from someone else. I just have not seen that color, sizes or lug design on any other Rhythm traveler. Interestingly, the toms all have 5 lugs, while the snare and bass have 6.

They are a blast to play and they actually sound pretty darn good. I love the 10" snare, although it's impossible to do a cross-stick on (not a big deal).

Thanks for your help!

V

vyacheslav

Thanks for the information!

Looks like it's available in Europe, but not the US? I wonder how this used one ended up at Explorer's Percussion in Kansas City?

TheHeelDrummer

I own this exact configuration in black with chrome hardware. It has a nice sound to it, thumpy little bass drum and poppy little snare and toms that sound big enough to sound like toms if that makes any sense. Currently I have put Pearl mesh heads on it I picked up on GC really cheap and use it for silent practice.

I bought it maybe 9 or 10 years ago from the local music store in NE Pennsylvania. Unfortunately the wrap on the bass drum is getting a little rippled.

Yamaha41

Thanks for the information!

Looks like it's available in Europe, but not the US? I wonder how this used one ended up at Explorer's Percussion in Kansas City?
Don't know a thing about them really I had never seen them b4 your post just had some free time to search they looked much nicer then any other I had seen they got me interested I guess. Looks like a nice kit enjoy them.