Can I modify my TAMA Speed Cobra double pedal like this?

beatdat

I've been practicing double bass at home with a TAMA Speed Cobra double pedal and a Gibraltar bass drum practice pad. In another post, I mentioned that I was looking for quieter beaters because the TAMA Speed Cobra beaters are fairly loud. I bought a TAMA Soft Sound beater, but I can only fit one of them onto the pedal at a time.

I was wondering if it's possible to modify the double pedal by removing (or purchasing) the sprocket assembly (I think that's what it's called) and attaching it to the slave pedal. I know I'd have to keep the pedals linked, but at least I wouldn't have to buy another pedal.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Can you post a picture of the problem you are having? I'm having a hard time visualizing exactly what you need to do. Maybe a few clear pics will generate some good ideas for you.

GeeDeeEmm

beatdat

Ghostin one said it right, my problem is the beaters are oversized and the double pedal will only fit one of them, so I'm wondering if I can modify the pedal to put one of the beaters directly on the slave pedal.

Those beater shafts look like they would solve the problem, but the TAMA Soft Sound beater doesn't seem to allow me to remove the beater from the shaft (I can't see any screws or lugs on it, so I think it's glued on).

Ghostin one, how many images did you post? I can see the offset beater from musiciansfriend, but I also see 4 small blue boxes with white question marks.

I appreciate the help so far. Thanks.