Can anyone ID Sid's kit?

Timdonderevo

5e3af110c0ab68fb7ced12564fca4af4.jpg
Trying to complete Sid Vicious' gear one equipboard.com, but I have no idea about drums! Can anyone identify this sparkle kit? He played it once at Siouxsie and the Banshees first show, 100 Club, 1976.
Thanks!

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 13
Just guessing: the offset snare lugs suggest sonor but the bass drum spurs say slingerland?. Harry cangany could have told us immediately.

I'm gonna guess Sonar also.

Attachments

• 68+Sonor+teardrop+red+marble.jpg
    68+Sonor+teardrop+red+marble.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 4
  • sonor_set.jpg
    sonor_set.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
I doubt it's a Sonor Teardrop - there are no offset lugs on the small tom. Also, the bass drum claws and hoops, the floor tom mounts and the wrap look off to me. My guess would be one of the many Japanese stencil sets.
I would also venture to say he played different sets. It doesn't look like the drums were treated all that well. :)
QqPReBAJ.jpg

I doubt it's a Sonor Teardrop - there are no offset lugs on the small tom. Also, the bass drum claws and hoops, the floor tom mounts and the wrap look off to me. My guess would be one of the many Japanese stencil sets.
I would also venture to say he played different sets. It doesn't look like the drums were treated all that well. :)
View attachment 106623

That’s Nirvana in that photo and Dave Grohl on the drums

As far as I'm aware, The Pistols took good care of their gear, as they had very little money and really nice (stolen) gear. Sid did use his bass to clobber a guy in Texas, but I think the bass survived.

Back