Can anybody figure out what drumming shoes this guy is wearing?

Hey Jake welcome to the forum :)

You sure there specifically drumming shoes and not just normal shoes that he liked to wear when he drums? I cant say I know what that are but does it matter they are just shoes after all no specially formulated mechanic shoes allowing for fast double bass haha. I personally prefer barefoot or socks for playing fast double bass :)

On another note...JESUS CHRIST is there any air in that drum at all! It looks like its full of pillows, other stuff and tape, some of the purists might go crazy seeing that lol.

Hey Jake welcome to the forum :)

You sure there specifically drumming shoes and not just normal shoes that he liked to wear when he drums? I cant say I know what that are but does it matter they are just shoes after all no specially formulated mechanic shoes allowing for fast double bass haha. I personally prefer barefoot or socks for playing fast double bass :)

On another note...JESUS CHRIST is there any air in that drum at all! It looks like its full of pillows, other stuff and tape, some of the purists might go crazy seeing that lol.

Thanks man :)

Yeah I'm not cinderella looking for the perfect double bass shoe haha, but I am a huge fan of his and he's been wearing these shoes for ages now, so I assume they must do the job fairly well.

Yep his bass drum is as dead as a door knob!

There was a time that a person would get laughed at for wearing black socks with sneakers. It was the domain of the nerds and other "unpopular" kids. Now it seems to be a trend, and even many basketball players wear them.

Looks like he brought them back from the future in his Delorean.

*Edit* I've taken to playing in Kodiak style boots, I like the stiffness in the sole.

Last edited:
They look like sneakers to me. Drumming shoes tend to have no defined sole to them at all; they're basically just a thin glove for your foot.

His kick drums are set up for feel; the sound is 100% triggered.

Back