Came across yet another good deal!

joshisaces

Gold Member
Zildjian A Custom 8" Splash - $40

I think I'm going to bite at it, so talk to me...
How do you like it?

here's a picture (what is the dark circle in the middle by the hole?):

B

Big_Philly

That dark cymbal may be due to dirty felts rubbing off, but also due to felts polishing the cymbal (if that is the case it has been suspended fairly tight).
I don't think you can go wrong with Zildjian A custom but if you can, go and play it. Then decide.

joshisaces

Gold Member
That dark cymbal may be due to dirty felts rubbing off, but also due to felts polishing the cymbal (if that is the case it has been suspended fairly tight).
I don't think you can go wrong with Zildjian A custom but if you can, go and play it. Then decide.
Yeah, it's on craigslist, so that's cool. I'll have to ask my mom (I'm still young) if I can buy it.

If I don't get the A custom, I've had my eye on a stagg dh exotic splash! So awesome!

drumhead61

Gold Member
Hey Josh, I just got an A Custom 10 Splash and I have to say I love it...so yeah, you will probably like this as well, but if you can go put an ear on it by all means do so....I have listened to the A Customs quite a bit since that IS the sound I am after so when I saw them for a good deal on Ebay I jumped on a 20" A Custom Ping and the 10" splash. I love mine!

joshisaces

Gold Member
Hey Josh, I just got an A Custom 10 Splash and I have to say I love it...so yeah, you will probably like this as well, but if you can go put an ear on it by all means do so....I have listened to the A Customs quite a bit since that IS the sound I am after so when I saw them for a good deal on Ebay I jumped on a 20" A Custom Ping and the 10" splash. I love mine!
oh yeah, I forgot about that! There probably isn't that much of a sound difference.

The only thing is that on Zildjian's sight, the splash sounds horrible!

drumhead61

Gold Member
oh yeah, I forgot about that! There probably isn't that much of a sound difference.

The only thing is that on Zildjian's sight, the splash sounds horrible!
On the web page they really do not sound the same as being there with it...go to GC and find one....that is how I made my decision to go with the A Customs. Let me know if ya get it Dude!