Calling all Aussies

Dave from Perth

G'day. I'm posting to see if any forum members from Australia, who collect drums as a hobby, are interested in setting up a network of drum collectors. (If one already exists, I'd appreciate information about how I can contact it/them.) Hope to hear from drummers who are similarly interested, afflicted, pre-occupied and obsessed.

D

DamoSyzygy

Heya Dave - Cant say I 'collect' drums. Basically for me, if I aint using it, its sold as downpayment for something I DO need.

That being said, Im from Perth too! I think weve spoken before :)

Dave from Perth

Hey Damo.

Yes, we have spoken a few times and it's nice to hear from you again. Mate, you must have met some collectors in your day-to-day travels?

Feel free to mention this post to anyone you meet who shares the same interest: It'd be cool to hear from them and maybe set up a meeting.

How's that beautiful Designer kit of yours going? All the best, and happy drumming!

MartyOwens

G'day. I'm posting to see if any forum members from Australia, who collect drums as a hobby, are interested in setting up a network of drum collectors. (If one already exists, I'd appreciate information about how I can contact it/them.) Hope to hear from drummers who are similarly interested, afflicted, pre-occupied and obsessed.
- Hey Dave, I'm in Perth and am similarly obsessed with drums. If I had the money, I would collect more and more, but sadly money is not in abundance right now. I just wanted to say hello anyway :)

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Over at the other side of Oz here. 'fraid I just play and don't collect since I don't have the room to store much. Since selling my old Rogers for a song a few years ago I now just have a snare, a djembe, a few cymbals, a broken pair of bongos, and lots of toys (clapsticks, tambourines, etc). Easy to lug, tho'.

http://au.geocities.com/googla007/Drums-003-copy.jpg

But in this veritable sea of Septics it was hard to resist the title of your thread :)

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
I live on the other side of the globe, but I play an Australian-made set, created from native Australian wood. Could I be an honorary member?

Dave from Perth

Hey, great hearing from you guys - thanks for taking time out to reply, I appreciate it.

Well, it doesn't look as though there are (m)any takers for the collectors network in Perth. (So much for that excuse for having a beer or three...) And yes, deathmetalconga, of course you'd be welcome!

Take care out there.

D

DamoSyzygy

^ Haha, dabble

In other news, HI KELLY!!! How have you been? Long time no chat... Coming to see Dom Famularo?

Dave from Perth

Hi Kelly. Thanks for replying. Do you "dabble" in the obvious (read tone of envy) or do you also have a penchant for other exotics? Would like to hear from. Take care.