C & C drums,..

I dig them, I just can’t afford them. The drummer for my favorite band, Ricky Mazzotta of mewithoutYou, uses them.

Last edited:
I have three C&C kits. I love the sound and feel of the drums and would not hesitate to buy another set. Do you have any specific questions about their drums?

Just one man's opinion, but they turned me off once they were charging "custom drum prices" for a Luan shell kit (the same, vertical grain stringy wood that all the Japanese drums from the 60's were made of). Also, they think a "be bop" configuration includes a 20" bass drum. That makes me not trust them right there!

T
Just one man's opinion, but they turned me off once they were charging "custom drum prices" for a Luan shell kit (the same, vertical grain stringy wood that all the Japanese drums from the 60's were made of). Also, they think a "be bop" configuration includes a 20" bass drum. That makes me not trust them right there!

Huh? You can get a Player Date I for $1600 on sale -normal prices are between $1700-1800. That is a lot less than their custom drum lines. Maybe that’s too much for you, which is absolutely reasonable but they are not charging customs prices for the Luan drums.

They call their 20” set up a be bop set up, but they also call their set ups with 18” bass drums the exact same thing. The names they come up with aren’t a big deal to them. I mean I suppose they could come up with ridiculous names like Black Panther or whatever Mapex has named their latest drums. Personally, I don’t care about the names as much as I care about the sound of the drums themselves.

I have no issue with you not liking C&C drums because they aren’t your sound. But the reasons you gave don’t make sense.

I have three C&C kits. I love the sound and feel of the drums and would not hesitate to buy another set. Do you have any specific questions about their drums?
Hi there! I love C&C kits, although i don't own one. Even used, they're a bit out of the price range, at least the ones that come up here in Canada. Do you find a big difference in the sound of the Player Date 1 or 2's? They seem to be the ones that pop up used in these parts and are a bit more accessible. Based on the C&C website description i lean towards the 1. Any info from someone that's had experience would be great because when i do get the opportunity to buy i'll have to jump on it, and won't be able to make a direct comparison.

Hi there! I love C&C kits, although i don't own one. Even used, they're a bit out of the price range, at least the ones that come up here in Canada. Do you find a big difference in the sound of the Player Date 1 or 2's? They seem to be the ones that pop up used in these parts and are a bit more accessible. Based on the C&C website description i lean towards the 1. Any info from someone that's had experience would be great because when i do get the opportunity to buy i'll have to jump on it, and won't be able to make a direct comparison.

There is definitely a big difference between the Player Date I and the Player Date II drums. Let me start by asking you a couple of questions. What will you be using these drums for? Live? Studio? What style of music do you typically play?

The Player Date I drums are very fuzzy sounding - think 1960s Made in Japan kits. They are also quite warm sounding drums. They do not project all that well, but if you are going to be using them in the studio or micing them on stage, you should be fine. If you are trying to play unmiced with these, you may have some trouble.

The Player Date II drums (which I own) are definitely punchier and have more cut. They have a bit more traditional maple sound, although I would say they sound rounder and a bit softer than traditional maple drums. These drums can definitely work in unmiced situations.

I used their dimension on their Super Flyer drum kit as an inspiration to cut down my shells to make the same kit. I wanted a compact, easy transport kit with a big sound and thats their Super Flyer. No regrets cutting my kit to match the C&C design. Props to C&C for doing it first!

Back