Buying Second Hand V-Drum kit – Roland TD-11 or Alesis DM10 Studio

Allybate

Hi All – hope you can help – new to V-Drums and drumming in general.
I have an option to buy one of two types of second hand V-drum kits, the Roland TD-11 or Alesis DM10 Studio. Not knowing too much about this world I wanted some basic advice. I know both will be more than enough for what I want/need but I think it comes down to overall value for money and quality of sound. The TD-11 is £450 and looks in very good condition and all original. On the other hand, the DM10 is £420 but looks a little tired and has had the Mylar heads changed to Z-ED mesh ones – but these look equally tired and I’m concerned whether the change was for the good. Also, the cymbals on the DM10 look marked and I don’t know if this can be detrimental to their performance but the DM does come with a 120W Amp.
I know these things can get a bit ‘down to personal preference’ but just wanted some guidance. Also, not being a drummer (yet) is there a way for me to test these to make sure they both work fine?
Thanks for any help given

Attachments

Doraemon

Stick marks on a cymbal can be removed nicely with a damp cloth or the best with 303 Aerospace Protectant (or similar). It's a sign of use, but not necessarily mean anything else. In general Roland and Yamaha are considered much more durable than other brands. Mesh is a lot better than old rubber pads though. If buying non-Roland with a preference for having many big pads, I'd maybe consider a new Mllenium MPS-850 with the 3 year warranty from Thomann (£439). Or an entry level Roland TD-1DMK in this price range if you don't need advanced features. From the above two, the TD-11 is better value, but I wouldn't buy used without testing it or some guarantee that all works.

Allybate

Hi, Thanks for advice. I'm sticking to the Roland Brand and just checking out other 'used' options in my budget i.e. the TD-11K or TD-1DMK.
Thanks for quick reply - much appreciated.