Buying new electronic kit

HairyTubThumper

Hi, can anyone advise where is the best place to buy high end Roland electronic kit please? I am looking at the Roland TD-50KV, and maybe an octapad too? Many thanks in advance (I did search for this question, but it didn't return anything). Cheers.

electrodrummer

Hi, can anyone advise where is the best place to buy high end Roland electronic kit please? I am looking at the Roland TD-50KV, and maybe an octapad too? Many thanks in advance (I did search for this question, but it didn't return anything). Cheers.
Hiya

Probably good to tell us where on the planet you are?

Have you tried a Roland dealer?

ps. - don't forget to buy a good PC, audio interface and a selection of drum software instrument VSTs as it seems every TD50 owner hates the sounds and just uses it as a stupidly expensive glorified MIDI controller ;) [more flame throwers incoming]

doggyd69b

Try somewhere that will swap out the Roland module for a Pearl Mimic Pro module!
Here come the flame throwers.
Why not keep the TD-50 (digital snare and ride capable) and just get Steven Slate and Superior drummer (the best of both worlds).
No flames thrown here. At least that is what I would do. The mimic is not digital ride digital snare capable..

Poleaux

I just bought a Roland VAD 306 electronic kit and did a bit of shopping around before buying it. I ended up purchasing it from Kraft Music in Wisconsin.
www.kraftmusic.com

They started out selling synthesizers back in the 70s and have expanded and now also have a great selection of electronic drums. The selling point to me, was their bundles… I bought a new 306 and they threw in a really nice set of headphones for free. They shipped it all out to me in two days (free). They even gave me a personal phone call after I ordered the kit, just to thank me and let me ask any questions I may have. I am very impressed with that company.

Last edited: