Buying drums on internet

Javo

Hello. I'm going to buy a drumset soon, and, since they're much cheaper on the internet, my idea was to get them online sent to my house. I just wanted to make sure its safe to order a drumset from internet, since its a pretty big and kinda fragile thing.

Thanks for sharing!

2bsticks

Platinum Member
Are you buying from a store or eBay? I imagine a store like Guitar Center would package the drums up pretty good. I purchased two Yamaha kits off eBay and they both arrived in great shape and packaged well.

zambizzi

Platinum Member
Do it all the time..heh. I've never really had a problem ordering drums...have done it on eBay and through dealers...they always arrive and only twice have I had an issue where what I received was not what was advertised.

If you're doing this on eBay, ask lots of questions and gauge whether or not to buy from that person not only by what they say...but *how* they respond.

Always request that drums be shipped individually in boxes with ridiculous amounts of padding. Always, always insure them for shipment.

justjim

I wouldn't be super-concerned with the shipping aspect

guess how they get to the retailer?

of course, like much of e-tail, you have to know exactly what you want and understand yur own expectations

with cymbals, esp hand hammered ones - well, they can vary from individual piece to piece
so they can be a bit of a different beast
I mean, I think you can expect consistently good QUALITY from the major brands - but if it is quite the sound you were looking for...that can vary
so you'll have to have a wider interval for your expectations there

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Hello. I'm going to buy a drumset soon, and, since they're much cheaper on the internet, my idea was to get them online sent to my house. I just wanted to make sure its safe to order a drumset from internet, since its a pretty big and kinda fragile thing.

Thanks for sharing!
You should be OK, its a pretty common thing. Drum shops and music stores buy everything they have in their stores either on-line, or over the phone. If a store happens to order stuff say at a trade show, it still gets sent to them like it'll get sent to you.

Breakage happens, but its really rare and easily dealt with.

Javo

Thats for everything guys. Its good to know other people have done it w/o having any problem. I'm going to buy from a store, Thomann (I'm from Spain), so there's no problem with dealing with a person there.

Thanks!

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Drums I would definitely have no problem buying, but cymbals I would NEVER buy without first hearing the exact cymbal I'm contemplating

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Bought my first Taye set from MF and it arrived in perfect condition. They are insured so it may be a pain but they can be returned. Go for it.