Buying drums in Japan

wloeb

Hello,
I'll be traveling to Japan for a vacation soon. Does anyone know if it is worthwhile to buy Yamaha or Tama drums in Japan. I'm thinking about picking up a snare or two. Are the prices any better? Are there some models not available in the US. Can anyone recommend a store in or near Kyoto?

Thanks
Wayne

aydee

Platinum Member
Hello,
I'll be traveling to Japan for a vacation soon. Does anyone know if it is worthwhile to buy Yamaha or Tama drums in Japan. I'm thinking about picking up a snare or two. Are the prices any better? Are there some models not available in the US. Can anyone recommend a store in or near Kyoto?

Thanks
Wayne
No. They are more expensive due to limited retail spaces. You don't get more choices anywhere in the world compared to the US.

So, you got a happy problem.. : )

wloeb

Thanks, I guess I can pack lighter on the way back then. I'm still thinking about picking up a Soul Toul Tama snare as they are not availible here.

Wayne

No. They are more expensive due to limited retail spaces. You don't get more choices anywhere in the world compared to the US.

So, you got a happy problem.. : )

rmandelbaum

Platinum Member
I do know that TAMA tends to build some Japan only stuff. I am looking forward to my first trip. I have only been in the airport on my way to somewhere else so far ;-)