Buying a new kit piece by piece...

pepino

I'm buying my dream kit piece by piece, it's a Ludwig Classic Maple in Oyster Mint Glass Glitter, I just bought the first drum of the 4 (a 24x18 bass drum, with elite spurs and mini classic lugs) the next drum i'll be buying is a 16x14 floor tom with keystone brackets, next to that a 13x9 tom, and the last one a 18x16 ft, what do you guys think of the configuration, and any one is doing the same ??

I'll be posting pictures when the kick drum arrive, I cant wait!

Nodiggie

Gold Member
That kit screams ROCK! Very huge sound, it's going to put a huge smile on your face. I can't imagine how much that is going to cost. The markup on individual drums is fierce! Congrats on the drums.

pepino

That kit screams ROCK! Very huge sound, it's going to put a huge smile on your face. I can't imagine how much that is going to cost. The markup on individual drums is fierce! Congrats on the drums.

Thanks man! I'm sure I'll tear up a little when is complete, and its a BIG step for me buying this beauty, like I said it's my dream kit, also I want to get it before I get married or something creepy like that happen haha...

thechief7676

I want to get it before I get married or something creepy like that happen haha...

Ha Ha!

Depends on the spouse. I've been married for 7 years and have managed to acquire 2 more kits and a plethora of snares and cymbals! She is great and really supports my playing/hobby. We have a little one due to arrive any day so I have been getting as much playing time in now as I can.

Congrats on working towards the "Dream." I too am dreaming of a set of classic maples in the cherry finish Ludwig offers. Can't wait to see pics!

tamadrm

Platinum Member
You have great taste in drums.The only problem with buying by the piece is the companies who make the drum wraps,aren't always consistant with keeping the colors exactly the same with different batches ,so a drum you but say 2 years from now may not match you existing drums.Also take into account the color fading you may get on the previously aquired drums.

Ludwig as all drum companies today,will not keep wrapping drums in oyster mint glass if they don't sell well enough either,and won't offer drums in that wrap choice,and drop it from their list of options.

I don't want to burst you bubble here my friend,but I would suggest speeding up your timeline for buying your dream kit.Good luck

Steve B

pepino

You have great taste in drums.The only problem with buying by the piece is the companies who make the drum wraps,aren't always consistant with keeping the colors exactly the same with different batches ,so a drum you but say 2 years from now may not match you existing drums.Also take into account the color fading you may get on the previously aquired drums.

Ludwig as all drum companies today,will not keep wrapping drums in oyster mint glass if they don't sell well enough either,and won't offer drums in that wrap choice,and drop it from their list of options.

I don't want to burst you bubble here my friend,but I would suggest speeding up your timeline for buying your dream kit.Good luck

Steve B

I hear you man, actually my plan is to get minimum 3 of the 4 drums by the end of this year, so I hope that the 18x16 ft in that finish still available on early 2012.