Buying a double pedal

Mr. Serpent

Apologies for yet another double pedal thread, but I'm in need of advice as this is the first time I'm in the market for a pedal.

I have a budget of probably about £140. Looking to get the best kind of double pedal I can for that sort of price, so I'm looking at used ones. I have a LOT of pages saved so I'll just put down the ones I'm most interested in:

Pearl Powershifter P-122TW Double Bass Pedal

PEARL P-100TWC DOUBLE BASS DRUM PEDAL INC CASE & CLUTCH

Pearl Double Bass Drum Pedal bp560

SONOR DP472 (dp 472)

There's just 4 I've been looking at that have caught my eye, to me they look like decent prices for pedals, but though I've searched round I can't seem to tell if any of those are actually good pedals.

If anyone could give me any advice at all, I'd greatly appreciate it. I feel swamped by all the options.

They are all good pedals, please keep in mind its not the pedal that makes u better(in most cases), its you. but in my opinion go for the pearl P-122TW, its a very nice pedal, i myself played with one for about a 2months, about a year ago, its very smooth and very hardy. Good luck my friend and i hope you get a good deal :)

Go with the Pearl p122, its a great pedal for the price, I had one for approx. 1 year and upgraded to the Eliminator. Pearl make top quality pedals.

They are all good pedals, please keep in mind its not the pedal that makes u better(in most cases), its you. but in my opinion go for the pearl P-122TW, its a very nice pedal, i myself played with one for about a 2months, about a year ago, its very smooth and very hardy. Good luck my friend and i hope you get a good deal :)

Very true. I know a certain pedal won't make me better, but I'd still like to get the best one available to me so as to not hinder any progress I can make. Thanks.

Go with the Pearl p122, its a great pedal for the price, I had one for approx. 1 year and upgraded to the Eliminator. Pearl make top quality pedals.

Also thanks. That's two for the P 122, I'll make that my priority. The amount of bids is unnerving but perhaps I'll get lucky...

The recomended pedal is mine, I feel awesome.

£92 (including p&p) for a Pearl Powershifter P122TW, good deal? Regardless, I won it and I'm damn pleased.

WOOOO!!!! Congrats Man!!! Getting new gear is the best part of drumming :p... apart from drumming itself :). welldone on winning it, and yes that was a good price :). i hope u lyk it :D

I also have the pearl as a travel pedal and it is better than the cobra imo, adjustability and feeling wise.

Back