Buy drum heads at Guitar Center and you'll get ripped off

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Huh I was using Sweetwater before Amazon-I miss the free candy LOL. But the wife has some business account and encouraged me to order from them. I'm going to compare and check it out.

danondrums

So does mine. His name is Stuart and calls every couple months. Also calls as follow up to my purchase to make sure all is good. Great service. Guitar Center on the other hand, doesn't even have drum knowledgeable people working the department. Went there one day to buy a new throw off and asked the guy if they had a DW mag throw in stock. I kid you not, he responded "I'm not sure. What's it used for?" CASE CLOSED
On the other, other hand... Guitar Center sends me a 15% off coupon off of any single item every month.
I think it's unrealistic to expect any retail floor employee to know more than me about anything that I'm passionate about so I never expect a visit to guitar center to be a learning experience.
Sweetwater is definitely more pleasant overall though for sure. They just have a more modern business model which works better than trying to maintain bloated retail stores filled with the only employees that the business model can afford.

On the other, other hand... Guitar Center sends me a 15% off coupon off of any single item every month.
I think it's unrealistic to expect any retail floor employee to know more than me about anything that I'm passionate about so I never expect a visit to guitar center to be a learning experience.
Sweetwater is definitely more pleasant overall though for sure. They just have a more modern business model which works better than trying to maintain bloated retail stores filled with the only employees that the business model can afford.
I use those coupons to buy sticks each time they email me one.