BUY AMERICAN!!? Asian made cymbals? NOT this rime bucko!

pearlygates

Gold Member
Just say No to Asian made cymbals..this time.

In the past few years, I have been a huge advovate of Chinese made cymbals.
For what you get for the money, it's hard to deny there is something to like with braneds like Dream, Wuhan and the like.

I went out today looking for cymbals for my new kit.. I checked out the local Music Go Round to find alot of junk! Next stop .. Interstate Music retail funland! they stock Wuhan and Dream.. thought about going with a Dream complete set up.. Hit a few then spotted perfection! I put a deposit on a Zildjian Inspiration cymbal pack! It's more than I wanted to spend, but I couldnt resist! The pack includes a 20" K custom ride, New 13" pocket hats, 12" A splash, and 16 & 18" A custom fast crashes! Its gonna take a few weeks to pay them off and pick them up, but mannn..it will be worth the wait!

Last edited:
BUY CANADIAN!!? American made cymbals? NOT this time. It does sound kind of silly doesn't it. :)

Over 1/3rd of my cymbal lot comes from Turkey (Istanbul Mehmet, Masterwork, Soultone and Buzin). One set comes from Switzerland (Paiste) .... and the few (5) Zildjians that I own ... US made. I'm not boycotting anyone. I simply buy what I like.​

Over 1/3rd of my cymbal lot comes from Turkey (Istanbul Mehmet, Masterwork, Soultone and Buzin). One set comes from Switzerland (Paiste) .... and the few (5) Zildjians that I own ... US made. I'm not boycotting anyone. I simply buy what I like.​
Im not boycotting either.. Its been a while since I considered anything but inexpensive Chinese bronze.

Count me in as a huge fan of Wuhan New Traditional Series. They have a sound all their own, and it's a nice one! A little too bright and oriental to be my main cymbal set though. I just discovered supernatural cymbals though and was impressed. I might have to sell my Wuhans and my Zildjians, hahaha.

Count me in as a huge fan of Wuhan New Traditional Series. They have a sound all their own, and it's a nice one! A little too bright and oriental to be my main cymbal set though. I just discovered supernatural cymbals though and was impressed. I might have to sell my Wuhans and my Zildjians, hahaha.
I have also been a huge fan of the New Trads.. It was just time to step up my game here.

Back