Building my field of DREAMS

pearlygates

Gold Member
Makin the switch!!

Just got back from Interstate music's retail store.

They are having a Dream cymbal promotion.. Look what followed me home!

It's just a start, but so far I have a 20" contact ride, 16" contact crash and 14" contact hats! These cymbals have amazing complexity and character. Perfect for rock/funk/pop stylings. I am in LOVE!!!!!

Dreamcymbals020.jpg

Dreamcymbals019.jpg

Dreamcymbals015.jpg

Dreamcymbals009.jpg

Dreamcymbals012.jpg

Dreamcymbals016.jpg

Dreamcymbals010.jpg

Shows you don't have to spend giant cash to get total pro quality and sound!!!

Last edited:

Florian

Gold Member
switching from what?

F

pearlygates

Gold Member
Zildjian..
I was a little hesitant at first. Then I did some research..and wow! No need to look back!

Mike St.Clair

Bump for anyone else with Dream cymbals.....

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
I have a 22" Energy crash ride that's really amazing. Great blend of ping, wash, and trash.

I've also had a Bliss 22" crash ride and a 24" Bliss ride. Both of those were great as well, but once I got the Energy ride I didn't really need the other two anymore.

ahector

i have a 24" dream ride. i believe it's the contact series. whatever it is, it's amazing. i love it.

it's kind of a flat ride, but you can play the bell a bit.

what's the promotion going on right now?

pearlygates

Gold Member
Dream was running a "Cymbal tasting" promo recently. I checked out the dream lines during that promo and I was hooked! Next thing I knew, I was trading in all my big buck Zildjians! I am now gonna be looking at getting an 18" bliss ride (phenomenal crash!) and a few other assorted cymbals. If you guys haven't yet.. check out the energy series. I plan to mix and match thru all their lines. Amazing cymbals!!!!

pearlygates

Gold Member
I have a 22" Energy crash ride that's really amazing. Great blend of ping, wash, and trash.

I've also had a Bliss 22" crash ride and a 24" Bliss ride. Both of those were great as well, but once I got the Energy ride I didn't really need the other two anymore.
There it is! The energy series is awesome as well! I currently own contact and bliss series and am looking at some additions from the energy series as well!
I used to think that Dream cymbals were a jazz only brand. Not so at all! They really transcend all genres! I am in love!

Mandala

I have a 19" Dream, Bliss Series Crash/Ride and I love it. I had come to believe that a cymbal labeled a Crash/Ride is generally one or the other, and for the most part that is true, but not for this one. When riding it has the perfect amount of wash and stick definition for me, and the bell is fantastic. When crashing, it has a beautiful tone and great decay. Not too long, not too fast. Albeit, it is a little thin and that makes me worried sometimes but I've owned it for a fair amount of time now and haven't had an issue yet. Pun intended, it's bliss. I will never want to replace it.
That being said...
I'm not a huge fan of any other dream cymbal I've heard, and I've tested quite a few. Go figure.

pearlygates

Gold Member
I have a 19" Dream, Bliss Series Crash/Ride and I love it. I had come to believe that a cymbal labeled a Crash/Ride is generally one or the other, and for the most part that is true, but not for this one. When riding it has the perfect amount of wash and stick definition for me, and the bell is fantastic. When crashing, it has a beautiful tone and great decay. Not too long, not too fast. Albeit, it is a little thin and that makes me worried sometimes but I've owned it for a fair amount of time now and haven't had an issue yet. Pun intended, it's bliss. I will never want to replace it.
That being said...
I'm not a huge fan of any other dream cymbal I've heard, and I've tested quite a few. Go figure.
I own a 20" contact crash/ride that I feel the same about! Just a wonderfully complex cymbal. Excellent ride characteristics, sweet controlled wash and brilliant crashability!

Been playing dreams for about 2 months... never looked back!