Buddy's brush work!

newoldie

Silver Member
Came across this beauty on YouTube. Watching this effortless, precise brush playing closeup was not only a kick but really instructive!.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Man that's sweet-I like he uses them with brush and then stick like and with such finesse with either. I just love to listen to brushes-that and hats-seen some fine solos just on hats. Two things I worry could be lost arts. Both take a lot of work to really get anywhere-at least been my experience. A stick you can have poor technique and "whack" that stick just fine-but you have to cajole fine sounds from brushes-it ain't easy. I bought all kinds of brushes thinking it must be the brush that makes it sound so sweet-yeah I can be a downright idiot. I couldn't get squat from nylon brushes and in fact only now can use them interchangeably with wire. I like practicing rudiments with brushes-both in brush patterns and then stick patterns with my brushes. And brushes and hats just sizzle together-hot dang let's go play some!!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
They do make it look so fluid and easy-NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: