Buddy Rich the Singer: "Eventually...I want to get away from drums altogether..."

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
It sounds like he's trying to emulate Sinatra doesn't it-his voice isn't bad (just dead lol) but his no Frank. Odd he picked such a slow song given his penchant to go wild on drums. Maybe he should have sung scat-then his singing and what he was singing would at least match LOL. Dang cruel GetAgrippa-it's Xmas. I'm sorry Buddy you're the "Greatest" drummer (even with a conventional forehead) ever but you can't sing man-you'd be yelling at yourself in your own band for coming to practice ill prepared with that chip.

J-Boogie

Gold Member
Radio guy: Thanks Traps!
Buddy: Oh no!

He didn't like being called that did he lol

That was nice hearing him sing.

J-Boogie

Gold Member
It sounds like he's trying to emulate Sinatra doesn't it-his voice isn't bad (just dead lol) but his no Frank. Odd he picked such a slow song given his penchant to go wild on drums. Maybe he should have sung scat-then his singing and what he was singing would at least match LOL. Dang cruel GetAgrippa-it's Xmas. I'm sorry Buddy you're the "Greatest" drummer (even with a conventional forehead) ever but you can't sing man-you'd be yelling at yourself in your own band for coming to practice ill prepared with that chip.
If there was ever drumming that was hard to scat replicate, its gotta be Buddys. Might sound like my vocal impression of a machine gun.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Buddy could also tap dance. Remember that some people can only drum. At least he could lean in another direction if he had to.

johnwesley

Silver Member
Boring to say the least. Then again I wasn't infatuated with Sinatra. I guess it depends when you're born as to who influences you. You do notice that Buddy never did stop playing drums and "thrill" us with his dream of crooning. Who knows? Maybe he could have been a master at the oboe. No wait. He'd be absolutely great as human speed dialer in a call center.