Buddy Rich Commemorative drumhead

BenjaminCamelot

Did he actually use Aquarian or did his estate or something team up with them? Because I'm convinced he was a huge Remo guy.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
I don't know, ask Aquarian. So, don't buy one then. I thought it would go great on my made in Taiwan Buddy Rich Slingerland snare drum.

MJD

Silver Member
Did he actually use Aquarian or did his estate or something team up with them? Because I'm convinced he was a huge Remo guy.
There is an interview where he states that he uses only Remo Emperors for all his drums. My fiancee's dad (RIP)who played bass for Buddy for a dozen years confirmed that when I asked him and further mentioned that he used the coated ones.

Superman

Gold Member
Cool head Paul....but can we use them on any kit or just from companies that Buddy actually played on?

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Cool head Paul....but can we use them on any kit or just from companies that Buddy actually played on?
That's a good question. I'd play it safe if I were you. (Brand-wise)

Don't shoot the messenger. I know Buddy played Remo, but Aquarian got commissioned by Buddy's daughter, Cathy Rich, to commemorate what would've been Buddy's 100th year with a special drumhead.

Last edited: