Breaking through books

Toza

Please can you tell me some breaking through books. i have a lot of time for reading at my job. so i want the best books that you have ever read to evolve as a drummer

Toby_Jackson

These books do not deal directly drumming, but more with the philosophy and psychology of performing music - each will change your musical life if read with an open and honest mind:

Effortless Mastery - Kenny Werner
The Art of Practicing - Madeline Bruser
The Inner Game of Music - Barry Green
Zen Guitar - Philip Toshio Sudo (my favorite: it's short, to the point and should be kept in your gig bag at all times!)

FunkyJazzer

The obvious choice for me would be Inside Out: The Mental Aspects Of Drumming, by Billy Ward. I got my copy this morning. It's just so awesome.

Lloyd.

"Drum Wisdom" by Bob Moses. Just got it, and LOVE it. Good luck finding a copy (it's out of print, so keep your eyes on ebay).

Jorge89

stick control, syncoptation for the modern drummer, advanced techniques for the modern drummer. those are really good

foursticks

Pioneer Member
"Drum Wisdom" by Bob Moses. Just got it, and LOVE it. Good luck finding a copy (it's out of print, so keep your eyes on ebay).
Good lord, that is THE book on drumming concepts - something which I find is not explored enough by drummers, when I think it should be THE thing to explore.