Boy, I am having a difficult time starting a new project.

Psych_Conrad

Anybody else having this problem? Every time I get in touch with someone, It never seems to work out, or there is no chemistry. I've sat in with about 5 bands now that just aren't the right fit. Everybody seems to want to play hardcore now a days, man. It stinks!

Mark_S

Silver Member
I've always likened it to dating ..

But yes I've noticed too in my area everyone just wants to play hardcore speed metal (mostly kids).

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I've always likened it to dating ..

Pretty much.

Heck, it may even be more difficult.

I met my wife 17 years ago. I've gone through several bands, and numerous band members in the same time period.

Find the right band members is tough.

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
I think I auditioned for a dozen bands and filled in for several more before I found a group of guys that played great music with good attitudes. In my other band the guitarist and I have been trough 4 singers, 3 guitarists (including me for a while), 3 bassists and 2 drummers in 3 years. We seem to have a good group now but we all know how fleeting that is.

Even if you find a group that works it wont last with that specific group. Somebody will quit, somebody will get fired, and somebody will just stop showing up. Just a fact of life. The only bands that stick together are the ones getting paid.