Bowing out with head held high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumlove65

Well ladies and gentlemen drummers I have decided that after a thread I initiated ranting about the ubiquity of what I judge to be a sub standard quality drum manufacturer was shut down by this website's administrator I've have had enough. After considerable reflection i've concluded that free speech goes only so far on this website-its not as if I were insulting a fellow member or a drummer real or imagined. All I was doing was commenting on what in my judgment is an over priced and overrated drum company ad I thought the thread evolved into some interesting comments on the politics of inducement luring high profile drummers to inflate a company's perceived value.

I wish you all the best and you will see me someday on stage, on youtube or somewhere else. You will recognize me.

Drumlove signing off for good.

You broke rule number one in the sticky by starting a thread to bash another brand.

I'm a little bit offended that failure to comprehend the rules and etiquette has turned to an accusation of free speech infringement.

No, there isn't freedom of speech on this forum. There never has been and there never will be. It's even written into the rules, which you are more-than-encouraged to read prior to posting.

Don't forget to close the door on the way out...

All the forums are the same, you kind of have to take them with a grain of salt. If you have a problem with a manufacturer and get so frustrated that you just need to vent about it, and maybe also give others a heads up about what they might be in for based on your experience, then you go into it knowing that there are always going to be a few brand loyal people out there who don't think you have the right to talk about said manufacturer. This is my third forum and there will probably come a day when I don't come here either anymore, I just haven't offended enough people yet. When I do though, I will just walk away. Its a little pointless to make make a statement to the world telling people to go f@€k themselves just to justify your position to a bunch of people who don't want to hear it anyway. I never read your thread, so I don't have an opinion on it, but I can relate to some of the things you described. Happy Trails!

EDIT: Oops, I guess I did respond to your thread, forgot about that... All I can offer is: everyone, including you, is entitled to an opinion, but maybe try not to get so emotionally invested in yours or other people's point of view.

Last edited:
inigo.jpg

I agree, not a "freedom of speech" issue... unless government representatives are here.

One thing I like about this forum is that it's very general. Drumming. Drummers. That's it.

The forums I like the least are those that are focused on a specific brand of instrument or a specific player. Reading countless threads about how this person/brand kicks the ass of all others gets old after about ten minutes. It's more like a cult than a community.

As negative as he went in that thread, I'd also not go positive in that way. I did once, over ten years ago. Oh, this brand is SO great and special and blah blah blah. And then, I got taken aside by someone whom I consider to be a friend, and they kindly and thoroughly schooled me on why I was wrong. It was probably the most important phone conversation I've had regarding drumming. It was also rather embarrassing.

A positive or negative detail or experience is one thing, and can be expected. But I think an all-out blast on a product or player in either direction is a different beast. People get dogmatic, and conversations go south.

Even with the product I used to promote so whole-heartedly.... I won't name them or talk about how horrible they are, even if I think they've truly earned that. I find it better to say nothing about them. No press is no press.

That thread was not the best approach.

And announcements about leaving a forum? Yech.

need to see a site like T--Adv---r, Drum Adv---r maybe. Businesses have no right of reply. Sad to see really .. Drum love!!! vaya con dios, nutha one bites the dust. i wouldn't close the door just leave it swingn'...

How do you bow with your head held high? Seems like a bit of a contradiction, and now I'm doubting that he's doing either.

Forum after forum I'm constantly amazed at how many grenades are launched by someone and they are offended that you are offended! OP, I know you're sitting back reading as a guest, but what did you think would happen when you opened a thread to bash a brand? What were those who have an enjoy the brand to do? Worship you for your wisdom? Immediately drop their drums and buy your favorite?

I think Bugs said it best....miehhhhh...what a maroon!

Well ladies and gentlemen drummers I have decided that after a thread I initiated ranting about the ubiquity of what I judge to be a sub standard quality drum manufacturer was shut down by this website's administrator I've have had enough. After considerable reflection i've concluded that free speech goes only so far on this website-its not as if I were insulting a fellow member or a drummer real or imagined. All I was doing was commenting on what in my judgment is an over priced and overrated drum company ad I thought the thread evolved into some interesting comments on the politics of inducement luring high profile drummers to inflate a company's perceived value.

I wish you all the best and you will see me someday on stage, on youtube or somewhere else. You will recognize me.

Drumlove signing off for good.
So have you owned a DW kit or did you spend a month with one to tweek? Probably not. I've seen many drummers play DW who sound amazing. The reason your thread is closed is because you are just talking out your blank blank.
It would be a different thread if you spoke of a complete failure drumset you bought that fell apart with no help from the company. You do not have to bash a company when you speak the truth. And you are just being a trivial troll basher.

you will see me someday on stage, on youtube or somewhere else. You will recognize me.

I'm gonna take a guess and say "somewhere else" lol. 52 years old and you're sayin "'someday." The train left the station dude.

On a serious note, pro drummers can get any endorsement deal the want. The fact that many endorse DW speaks volumes.

Maybe not everyone's dream kit, but for many it is.

Geeze... it's just a drum set.

For the record. I closed the thread, and I am only a lowly moderator and not the administrator. The thread was closed for the reason stated. Under the rules of the forum, that I try to enforce, and did not write, the thread was started solely to bash. Not to offer suggestion, or constructive advice.
And most important, this website forum is not run under the laws of or by the United States Constitution or the Bill Of Rights. The rules were written by the administration of the site and need to be enforced. Bernhard, Bermuda and I always try to be fair, but we need also to be firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back