Boston the "band" . . . . not a band!

I wonder who played bass on Detroit Rock City? I was always suspicious that Simmons actually played that.
If I recall correctly, genius producer Bob Ezrin himself has said that Simmons played it; on Destroyer only one session musician (Dick Wagner) was brought in. But all the members have been crystal clear about what a taskmaster Ezrin was, and how he schooled them on the basics of, well, pretty much everything, including how to play their own instruments. So I think it really was Simmons playing, but it may have taken him weeks or even months to get to the point where he was able to, and never would have without Ezrin's guidance.

opentune

Platinum Member
I wonder who played bass on Detroit Rock City? I was always suspicious that Simmons actually played that.

Regarding Scholz keeping the demos, that's an amazing piece of justice right there, being able to show concrete proof of something like that. Makes me feel less crazy for saving every email I've ever received. Maybe it will come in handy one day.
Bass? Hmmm, maybe one of the toto guys, or Tony Levin or .....Leland Sklar? just kidding.
You saved every email? That is truly incredible. It could make for a detailed and intricate history of your life.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Makes me feel less crazy for saving every email I've ever received. Maybe it will come in handy one day.
About nine years ago, when my father was still alive, he was complaining that his Dell desktop computer was so slow he didn't like using it any more. He wasn't tech savvy (he was in his 80s) but enjoyed day trading and peppering his buddies with memes and jokes via email.

I said to him, "Go buy us some beer" and began poking around on his PC. The problem was his email. He had never deleted anything. Even his trash had not been cleared. The hard drive was 500GB (standard for the time/model) and had less than 50MB available. His PC was choking on all the emails, and Outlook was trying to index everything.

It took 8 hours to delete the trash, sent inbox and junk box. He ended up keeping only six emails from relatives.

So, I ask you @8Mile , how are you doing it? Using only gmail or some other service?

8Mile

Platinum Member
About nine years ago, when my father was still alive, he was complaining that his Dell desktop computer was so slow he didn't like using it any more. He wasn't tech savvy (he was in his 80s) but enjoyed day trading and peppering his buddies with memes and jokes via email.

I said to him, "Go buy us some beer" and began poking around on his PC. The problem was his email. He had never deleted anything. Even his trash had not been cleared. The hard drive was 500GB (standard for the time/model) and had less than 50MB available. His PC was choking on all the emails, and Outlook was trying to index everything.

It took 8 hours to delete the trash, sent inbox and junk box. He ended up keeping only six emails from relatives.

So, I ask you @8Mile , how are you doing it? Using only gmail or some other service?
Wow! Yeah, I can relate a little bit to your story because I'm my mom's technical support for her laptop.

I do work in IT so I know my way around storage issues. For personal email, I use my cable provider's email web server. It's total overkill, but at times, I look back and find something useful from five years ago. Also, I remove any attachments from the emails so I'm just saving text. Most of the storage usage comes from photos and things like that. So it's not costing me anything and I'm not killing my computer with it.