bored solo

TTNW

Pioneer Member
Well..

.. don't take this too hard, but as solos go, it wasn't so good.

It seemed more like an exercise in playing up tempo and working around the kit so that all cymbal and tom hits are to be evened out and for accuracy.

When you're bored, try coming up with a solo that plays off a melody you carry in your head and work on extended phrases.

Or play the same thing and slow it down and work on pulling out tones from your cymbals and drums.

Nitemare

Well..

.. don't take this too hard, but as solos go, it wasn't so good.

It seemed more like an exercise in playing up tempo and working around the kit so that all cymbal and tom hits are to be evened out and for accuracy.

When you're bored, try coming up with a solo that plays off a melody you carry in your head and work on extended phrases.

Or play the same thing and slow it down and work on pulling out tones from your cymbals and drums.
Much appreciated. And you're right, I was doing a JungleRitter lesson before, got bored and started messing around, doing uptempo stuff while moving. But as I said, this is not my usual playing, I am much more controlled because I'm a perfectionist. I usually replicate electronic beats, but this was kinda my approach at getting away from my precise playing and loosening to the point of being bad. I didn't intend to be THAT loose, but loose enough. Thanks