Booty Shakers

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Yes! They DEFINITELY help on the rack tom. I've not used the floor tom versions, but I love the ones for a snare stand.

Here's a thread I started on DrumChat regarding these.

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/booty-shakers-buy-hype-32677.html

This video does a great job articulating my experience with them. At 3:00, he starts talking about the rack tom. Listen with headphones if you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArC52LGxiE

I think my only beef with them is that once you mount your rack tom on the snare stand, you can't pick up your rack tom and have the stand come with it (sort of like you can with a snare drum. This isn't a big deal if your drums are a "set it and forget it" situation, but if you are moving your drums around a lot between sets while playing with other bands, you just have to remember that the tom isn't "stuck" to the snare stand.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Yes! They DEFINITELY help on the rack tom. I've not used the floor tom versions, but I love the ones for a snare stand.

Here's a thread I started on DrumChat regarding these.

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/booty-shakers-buy-hype-32677.html

This video does a great job articulating my experience with them. At 3:00, he starts talking about the rack tom. Listen with headphones if you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArC52LGxiE

I think my only beef with them is that once you mount your rack tom on the snare stand, you can't pick up your rack tom and have the stand come with it (sort of like you can with a snare drum. This isn't a big deal if your drums are a "set it and forget it" situation, but if you are moving your drums around a lot between sets while playing with other bands, you just have to remember that the tom isn't "stuck" to the snare stand.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I don't plan on using a rack tom, but I think it would be cool for the snare drum because I've been putting my snare in the stand with just the tips holding it in at the hoops rather than laying the drum entirely in the "basket". It takes a little time to get it to be held just at the tips, so I figured I can get theses and that would solve my problem. I was also curious about the floor tom ones too. I think they look a little silly though.

M

Matt Bo Eder

Yeah they work. However, for floor tom feet, the Pearl Isolation feet are just as good, and those actually fit on your floor tom legs. the booty shakers are just pads the floor tom legs sit in, so they're three more things you have to worry about on set-up and strike.

I liked the booty shakers on the snare stand, though. But I don't need them.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Yeah they work. However, for floor tom feet, the Pearl Isolation feet are just as good, and those actually fit on your floor tom legs. the booty shakers are just pads the floor tom legs sit in, so they're three more things you have to worry about on set-up and strike.

I liked the booty shakers on the snare stand, though. But I don't need them.
Isolation feet, you say? I'll have to look into it because those Booty Shakers look silly on the legs. I already look silly enough, don't have to add to it. Haha.

Yeah, it's cheap enough for the snare drum Booty Shakers. Plus they might come in handy. I'll give the snare drum ones a shot. Thanks for your input.

M

Matt Bo Eder

Isolation feet, you say? I'll have to look into it because those Booty Shakers look silly on the legs. I already look silly enough, don't have to add to it. Haha.

Yeah, it's cheap enough for the snare drum Booty Shakers. Plus they might come in handy. I'll give the snare drum ones a shot. Thanks for your input.
Yeah, I got the Pearl Iso feet for $10 at Sam Ash. The drum did feel like it was floating, and it sung great!

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
I don't understand why drummers clamp their snare drums into the snare stand.
When I adjust the snare stand to clamp down on the snare hoop it chokes the snare drum sound a little. So I don't do that.

I simply lay my snare drum on to the snare stand. The tips of my snare stand arms are not clamped down on the snare.
They are adjusted to be just a tiny bit bigger than the snare. My snare drum sits on top of the snare stand arms.
I play the snare drum pretty hard, but it never bounces out of the stand.

Last edited:

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
I don't understand why drummers clamp their snare drums into the snare stand.
When I adjust the snare stand to clamp down on the snare hoop it chokes the snare drum sound a little. So I don't do that.

I simply lay my snare drum on to the snare stand. The tips of my snare stand arms are not clamped down on the snare.
They are adjusted to be just a tiny bit bigger than the snare. My snare drum sits on top of the snare stand arms.
I play the snare drum pretty hard, but it never bounces out of the stand.

That's what the Booty Shakers are supposed to be for. They're cheap enough to try.

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
That's what the Booty Shakers are supposed to be for. They're cheap enough to try.
Your correct. I think they would work good.
I think they might help me, even though my snare is just laying on top of the snare stand arms.
They would provide a softer place for the snare hoop to rest on.

FreDrummer

Silver Member