Blood moon

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Anyone watched the blood moon last night (full lunar eclipse).

I watched it with the family, it was amazing with a splendid clear sky, I even seen 3 shooting stars, it was my first lunar eclipse :)

I thought it made the moon look more 3D than usual, I felt like I could grab it.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
I watched it all outside. Found a pair of 10x50 binoculars at a charity shop yesterday and they were perfect. Ended up outside from 1AM until about 4AM. Thank goodness for wooly jumpers.

My Dad got a great photo through his telescope. He lives on the other side of the country.

Attachments

Last edited:

Magenta

Platinum Member
Normally I'd have loved to see it, but I was absolutely shattered and not a bit impressed when the damn thing woke me up at 2 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep again because it was so light. What a killjoy I am!

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Ack, I tried, but the clouds were in the way at 9:00 PM here in the Phila suburbs.

What a great shot Dunc.

Smoke

Silver Member
I was driving home last night watching the full moon dodge in and out of the clouds. We got home at 9:10 EDT and it was still full. I emptied out the car and put some stuff away in the house. Went outside at 10:15 and the *bleeper* was gone! Went back in the house to tipple some beer and poked my nose out at 11:15 EDT and the *bleeping* thing was STILL gone. I went to bed disgusted.

Next one occurs in 2033 - I'll have a better report then...

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Ack, I tried, but the clouds were in the way at 9:00 PM here in the Phila suburbs.

What a great shot Dunc.
Thank my Dad for that one!

I was worried we would have clouds. I was watching the Moon from about 11PM (my bedroom window faces the right aspect) and it was so bright, I couldn't see any stars. Once the eclipse started, the stars came out and I was there watching it for hours. The clouds disappeared almost completely when it started and I had near-perfect conditions (except for the light pollution).

To cap it all, I saw a meteorite.

Worth it. Absolutely worth it.

Nice picture IDDrummer, excellent work without magnification. Low-light is pretty much the only thing my phone camera can't do well, that's when you need a bigger sensor like a bridge or a DSLR.

Stroman

Platinum Member
Thank my Dad for that one!

I was worried we would have clouds. I was watching the Moon from about 11PM (my bedroom window faces the right aspect) and it was so bright, I couldn't see any stars. Once the eclipse started, the stars came out and I was there watching it for hours. The clouds disappeared almost completely when it started and I had near-perfect conditions (except for the light pollution).

To cap it all, I saw a meteorite.

Worth it. Absolutely worth it.

Nice picture IDDrummer, excellent work without magnification. Low-light is pretty much the only thing my phone camera can't do well, that's when you need a bigger sensor like a bridge or a DSLR.
Thanks! And glad you had a good view!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I live in just about the best possible location (elevated - zero light overspill), & the conditions were absolutely perfect. I was ready to capture the whole deal, camera at the ready, then fell asleep on the sofa & missed it. Bugger!!! Too tired from a bearing edge machining marathon :(

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Nice pics guys :)

Yes it was a worthwhile experience, especially with the clear sky.

It's a shame that they make sofa so comfortable nowadays :)