Blaque Dynamite: a "monster" drummer from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

roncadillac

What do you think of his kit and this performance?
So he obviously is super talented. However, he's not really doing much that we haven't seen 1,000 times in any of those gospel chops type videos (aside from the little jazzy drop part). Could I personally rip that hard, stay in time, and not get tired? Probably not. But it's also not playing that I'm going to freakout over. This type of stuff I give about thirty seconds of watch, say 'hmm, cool', then move on. Thanks for sharing though.

roncadillac

If he learns to have some control and play less sometimes, MAYBE he could get back to playing at certain levels with some big names, but it's a big IF...
And what the hell is this above? Maybe I'm just not hip anymore but I didn't know I could get famous by playing a very basic beat while not staying in time then just way overplay over top of everyone else.

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
And what the hell is this above? Maybe I'm just not hip anymore but I didn't know I could get famous by playing a very basic beat while not staying in time then just way overplay over top of everyone else.
Dude is only doing like 4 or 5 licks. He is displacing where, and changing the speed he is doing it. It's not impressive.

roncadillac

If you say so :ROFLMAO:
While I am trying to narrowly avoid this pissing contest it's certainly worth noting that the example @C. Dave Run provided is a well constructed song that has purpose and intent, even if that isn't your preferred style of music to listen to you can't deny the fact that it is a proper 'song' from start to finish where as the drummer who is the subject of this thread and the original post just riffs nonsense to look cool. Granted, it's a talented riffing of nonsense and as I stated earlier I don't think I am personally capable of that HOWEVER I don't play nonsensical "whatever I feel like doing today" music and make it a point to write and arrange drum parts that serve the music and compliment my fellow musicians... Not just throw caution to the wind, give everyone the finger, and wildly thrash about my drums.

I've watched a few videos of this guy now and he seems to have different people on stage with him every time, that right there says something.

roncadillac

These videos below are a great example of what this Blaque Dynamite guy COULD be doing if he learned some control and decided to stop being a self-serving drummer:

The type of nonsensical self-serving playing I've seen the Blaque Dynamite guy portray is akin to meeting a super fine honey at a bar then when you get her back home saying, "nah, I'm gonna take care of myself over here. But you can watch... I guess."

Groove Inc

While I am trying to narrowly avoid this pissing contest it's certainly worth noting that the example @C. Dave Run provided is a well constructed song that has purpose and intent, even if that isn't your preferred style of music to listen to you can't deny the fact that it is a proper 'song' from start to finish where as the drummer who is the subject of this thread and the original post just riffs nonsense to look cool. Granted, it's a talented riffing of nonsense and as I stated earlier I don't think I am personally capable of that HOWEVER I don't play nonsensical "whatever I feel like doing today" music and make it a point to write and arrange drum parts that serve the music and compliment my fellow musicians... Not just throw caution to the wind, give everyone the finger, and wildly thrash about my drums.

I've watched a few videos of this guy now and he seems to have different people on stage with him every time, that right there says something.

Uh, Mike Mitchell was personally called by Stanley Clarke when he was still in school to join his band, did the same thing happen to any of you?

roncadillac

Uh, Mike Mitchell was personally called by Stanley Clarke when he was still in school to join his band, did the same thing happen to any of you?
I'm not totally sure what that has to do with any of this. Plus, most of us have already stated that we personally wouldn't be up to this level of playing (even if we for some reason wanted to be).

I'm done with this thread. Blaque Dynamite, while being a talented drummer, isn't for me. Thanks for sharing, I'm always interested in hearing new musicians I'm not familiar with even if I don't end up being a huge fan. Ron out. I'll see everyone else in the usual friendly productive threads we've got around here.

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
Artistic ability and the way he behaves are two separate aspects, don't you think?
Not really. The dude drumsterbates all over the top of everything. And he ghosts gigs. That's immaturity on both a musical and personal plane.

I feel like this is his musical attitude:

Groove Inc

I'm not totally sure what that has to do with any of this. Plus, most of us have already stated that we personally wouldn't be up to this level of playing (even if we for some reason wanted to be).

I'm done with this thread. Blaque Dynamite, while being a talented drummer, isn't for me. Thanks for sharing, I'm always interested in hearing new musicians I'm not familiar with even if I don't end up being a huge fan. Ron out. I'll see everyone else in the usual friendly productive threads we've got around here.

This thread would've been friendly and productive too if some of you had not intervened with such arrogance...

Juniper

Gold Member
said the delusional emo kid :ROFLMAO:
42716.jpg

Most your threads are full of you kicking off at people for not agreeing with you or not engaging with you. Just go and have a look for yourself.

Little hint, maybe more people would positively engage with you if you didn’t act in such a manner.

Now I better dash, got some eye liner to put on and some emo music to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.