Black Diamond Drumline!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I must share this with all my Drummerworld friends. I played at a Small Drum Corps Association show in Inglewood, CA (close to the USC campus) today with my corps, the Freelancers, and this local drumline played before we did. Incredibly funky! And dang entertaining! I'd hire 'em for a wedding if I could. They only played for about 5 minutes, but here's 1:53 of them. I was standing outside the door and had to hold the camera over someone's head. And....BLACK DOT HEADS RULE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPMC-VurHM&list=HL1345341515&feature=mh_lolz

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Well, I wouldn't say a thug look. In all actuality, when I heard them, it sounded familiar. I thought about it a little more, and what came to mind was Hawaiian drumming. So it's like this cross-culture thing going on, which I thought was very cool. And I'm not sure anyone may have made the connection - or perhaps it's a stretch - but it didn't seem too different from Hawaiian/Tahitian drumming I grew up watching. If they played logs instead of marching drums, you'd find the rhythms almost identical, don't you think?

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
The music/rhythm was fine. Just had never seen snares that low. Almost as if they were in the way of moving.