Billy Ward here!

Re: I'm here! -

Welcome...

Im not gonna lie, I don't know much of what you've done. However, being able to ask questions of someone who has been featured in MD is a great priviledge.

Perhaps you could inform me of your work.. or maybe I'll just check out your site.

Again, Welcome,

ROb

Re: I'm here! -

somedrummer said:
Welcome...

Perhaps you could inform me of your work.. or maybe I'll just check out your site.

ROb

Yes, check out his side and forum:

http://p205.ezboard.com/bbillyward

Check out his site on Drummerworld - with helpful Videos:

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Billy_Ward.html

see also the thread about the placement of the DoubleBass Pedal outside the Hi-Hat:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163&highlight=BILLY+WARD

Bernhard

Re: I'm here! - Billy Ward

dang, what made you opt for such small hi-hats? those things are PUNY.

Welcome Billy!

I read your articles on MD. Your style of writing is very nice (easy, fluent and humorous) and the info on the articles themselves has come in very useful many a times. Most inspiring!

Glad to have you here and I'm quite stoked myself to be here.

Dimosthenis

Billy????
Fancy running into you here!!!!
:cool:
Welcome!!!!
You'll dig this place ... and we'll definitely benefit from your participation.
speaking for myself, aside from the technical and business stuff I've learned from you, your sprit and enthusiasm continues to keep me excited about being a drummer!!

Welcome Billy! It's great to see those that we discuss often participate on the forum.

Cheers!

Billy, greetings from Cincinnati. I admire your work and I always look forward to your articles in MD. I'll have a cheese coney in honor of your presence here on DW. ;)

Howdy from Texas Billy!!

Good to have you with us. I have your Big Time DVD and I love it! Great stuff and your approach to playing drums is just fantastic. I love the newspaper exercise you put those guys through, that was great!

If anyone has not seen this DVD, go get it! Hope to see more from you in the future.

NUTHA JASON said:
ps: after what bernhard just wrote i have ordered it off amazon.com

Well Nutha - so it is: in my age, watchin all these Drummer-DVD's make me nervous, show me that I can nothing do well - should go practicing and and and....

...after watching something in the Billy Ward DVD i just feel great - everytime!!!! It's a happy DVD for me and give me motivation - even on my level.

Bernhard

Welcome Mr. Billy Ward!

You kick ass at the drums. I wish I could sound like you do.

Keep up the good work. It's good to have you hear.

NUTHA JASON said:
i feel the same way. you must have seen the thomas lang DVD. i feel like a tortoise when i see that.

for me the inspiration DVD is my LED Zeppelin DVD. disk two the knebworth show. the last footage of John Bonham and he is absolutely rockin'. when i watch that i am ready to drum.

j

Man, Thomas Lang ain't right!! I felt the same way you did after seeing some of that video. His drumming is pretty phenominal though. And as for Bonzo, I've seen some of the Zep DVD. My dad has it and played Moby Dick, which I believe is the same clip here on drummerworld, for me one day. The sound he had on his drums was so HUGE! Bonham was incredible. I haven't seen the Knebworth show though. I'm sure it's great.

Well this is a coincidence, that you're speaking about Billy and Thomas.

Just had the chance to meet them both ....same place - same time - nice and gentle guys and drum giants.

Yes it's true for me, that I can't and don't want learn the Thomas Lang stuff, but that will not mean, that young drummers should not know, what is possible..if you practice enough also.

But Billy is heavy grooving, demonstrated at the DW-Boot (not DrummerWorld sorry - DrumWorkshop) from scratch grooves from Ringo, Bernard Purdie and some more. His technique is more subtle and hidden, but believe me: phantastic Hi-Hat work, ghost notes...doublepedal syncopations, awesome fills --- just everything, and always grooving.

just if you wonder: in the picture is also Rob Wallis (Hudson Music)

Attachments

• thomaslang.jpg
    thomaslang.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 7,760
  • billywardfm.jpg
    billywardfm.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 7,615

Bernhard said:
Well this is a coincidence, that you're speaking about Billy and Thomas.

Just had the chance to meet them both ....

Man, whatver you're doing, you're doing it right!

Love your science behind the hi-hats and your organic approach to percussion.........

You have a beautiful percussional Spirit.

Keep your shine, man!

Dap.

Anduin said:
Man, whatver you're doing, you're doing it right!

Bernhard is AT LEAST as "big" as anyone, thanks to his constant nurturing of this amazing website! He's the GREAND MASTER OF CEREMONIES!!! :D

And thanks to you folks! From all over the world, I'd guess. Feel free to visit my place. I recently eliminated the "snazzy home page" of my website because I felt it looked too vain - so when you go to billyward.com, you go straight to our small forum. We have around 2000 visitors each day and less than 500 members (quite small) but I'm proud of the quality of membership and posts that we encounter there. So if you are looking for a small "clubhouse" to hang out - maybe check us out there.
Feel free to ask away about anything. I'll check in to Drummerworld frequently.
gotta go now-
thanks agian
BW

Great drummer among us. But I would like to ask a question. What kind of hi-hat do you use? I think it is a 12''. Is it a mini hat or can I get a 14'' version? I love that clip of instructional video. It really helped me doing roles up and down the toms. And I discovered a problem in my technique while learning this. I am a lefty. But I do roles leading with my right hand. It complicates things a little.

Wow, Billy Ward, nice. Big fan, I've learned a lot from "Big Time", a great dvd.
Glad to see another pro here on the boards, gives us all a nice glimpse into a musician's personality and life.

Back