Billy Cobham

This a very RARE Live jazz festival in U.K., Suffolk at Maltings ,1968.. with a (very)Young..:Billy Cobham in his first Live sessions.. Ciao ,fabio ,, [email protected]
HORACE SILVER.,p 5t Live in Suffolks,,at 'Maltings''.,UK..,
Benny Mauphin,sax.+.Randy Brecker,sax,+,Billy Cobham,dr ..
1968, t. 22' .^.Very+Rare.^.!!*Low-quality''!!vd,863.,
- , -

I have a hard time wrapping my head around just how fully ambidextrous a Simon Phillips or Carter Beauford are, just because they're so many miles above me. But even those guys are more comprehensible than the way and extent to which Billy is able to swing so gracefully with either hand. For some reason, that swing is the bit that just totally blows my mind.

Dear Mr.'Gretsched' , in my oppinions ''YOU'' have also to consider that..: Billy Cobham in ''few'' years.,!!,1968 -to-> 1972,, his drumming-style has passed from an Hard-bop jazz to..: double ''bass-drums'' with ''super-funky+fusion'' beats..

Very , very hard - hard works for Billy Cobham to 'built' such a new drumming-style then copyed,!! by all the 'fusion-drummers of the 70's.. -

John McLaughlin.,cht ,,Mahavishnu Orchestra,, Live Meeting Of The Spirits 1972..
Billy Cobham.,dr ,,Rick Laird.,basso ,,Jan Hammer.,Keys ,, Jerry Goodman...:

- ,, -

The amazing - Billy Cobham - playing beautiful...with a great feel. A flowing left hand lead on the ride.

Billy Cobham & The Buddy Rich Big Band: Milestones

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/billycobhammiles.html

Billy Cobham - Horace Silver - Bill Hardman - Bennie Maupin - John Williams: NUTVILLE

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/billycobhamnutville.html

...Bernhard thanks!
have a hard time wrapping my head around just how fully ambidextrous a Simon Phillips or Carter Beauford are, just because they're so many miles above me. But even those guys are more comprehensible than the way and extent to which Billy is able to swing so gracefully with either hand. For some reason, that swing is the bit that just totally blows my mind.

The man has to have over 100 albums under his belt between solos and collaborations. Musical genius and definitely in my top 3 drummers. I'm extremely jealous.

first witnessed him with Mahavishnu in 72/73 on the clear Fibes;
...then ... about 5 times- his own band twice- once with George Duke Alfonso Johnson and Tom Scott- even once with Bob Weir and the Midnights-
always on Tama once on an all natural blonde Concert tom set...
always a party!

I read this title to the melody of "Santa Clause is Coming to Town"

Suuper bummed I missed this set. He came to my town but I received absolutely zero promo and had no clue despite being free that night. Woulda loved seeing one of the greats in action.

peak smooth studio Bill..

4 sixteenths + 4 sixteenths + 4 sixteenths + 5 sixteenths = 1

omygawd 17/16
don't drop a note or you're

wonder how he counted that off; can't recall.

Last edited:
Back