Billy Cobham coming to town.

RichFaulk

The man has to have over 100 albums under his belt between solos and collaborations. Musical genius and definitely in my top 3 drummers. I'm extremely jealous.

jda

Silver Member
first witnessed him with Mahavishnu in 72/73 on the clear Fibes;
...then ... about 5 times- his own band twice- once with George Duke Alfonso Johnson and Tom Scott- even once with Bob Weir and the Midnights-
always on Tama once on an all natural blonde Concert tom set...
always a party!

flamateurhour

I read this title to the melody of "Santa Clause is Coming to Town"

Suuper bummed I missed this set. He came to my town but I received absolutely zero promo and had no clue despite being free that night. Woulda loved seeing one of the greats in action.

jda

Silver Member
peak smooth studio Bill..

4 sixteenths + 4 sixteenths + 4 sixteenths + 5 sixteenths = 1

omygawd 17/16
don't drop a note or you're

wonder how he counted that off; can't recall.

Last edited:

s1212z

Silver Member
incredible 2019 show

no idea what to expect
Paul Hanson is great, bassoonist extraordinaire. Billy's more recent shows didn't sound as sharp as this... a bit worrisome but hopefully the upcoming shows are in good form.

Billyboydixon

Have a few more details now . Apparently Billy Cobham will be here on the 19th May 2023 at the Islington Assembly Rooms, London. That’s a venue that holds about 900 I’m told.
Not sure yet when tickets will be on sale.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
We got to see Billy a couple of years ago in Los Angeles at a famous jazz/dinner club and he and his band totally killed. He even had Gary Husband playing keyboards (who was very cool when I met him and told him I loved his drumming with Allan Holdsworth). Billy has always played great! Enjoy the show!

kevinsstelly

Yes, 78 years to show such activity is very cool! And so my work is plastic surgeons here nose job lip filler and it takes me a lot of time!

Last edited:

jda

Silver Member
"Billy's 1985 Tama Superstars with a custom paint job look and sound amazing, he recently received them from back from the previous owner and is using them on this Crosswinds Tour."

Between he and Mel Lewis: They Ride the Swish!
and Tim Landers looks great !

Last edited: