Big fat snare drum - what's rebound like?

IBitePrettyHard

I suppose every church can be slightly different with their own rules, or lack of rules. I play in church once or twice a month, whenever it's my turn. There's 2 to 3 other drummers who rotate through.

My church is cool about what equipment I want to use. I bring my Acrolite and my Speed Cobra pedal even though the church's gear is more than adequate....

Mapex Saturn III drums
DW 9002 double pedals
21" K Sweet Ride
16" K Dark crash
19" K Sweet crash
14" New Beat hi hats

Do you play with a click? This is the first church where I've played to a click and I love it. There's no e-drums or super quiet playing. It's in a drum cage with in-ears and a click.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Do you play with a click? This is the first church where I've played to a click and I love it. There's no e-drums or super quiet playing. It's in a drum cage with in-ears and a click.
Yup, we do the same. We run a click along with performance tracks (extra strings, pads, etc.) with auditory cues as well which helps.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
UPDATE:

I got to go check it out yesterday, and it actually plays, rolls, and sounds great! I was really impressed. The guy who changed out the heads recently tuned them really well, and there's no need to take it off. Is there a difference in rebound? Maybe a slight difference. However, it sounds good and I think it's going to work well.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
UPDATE:

I got to go check it out yesterday, and it actually plays, rolls, and sounds great! I was really impressed. The guy who changed out the heads recently tuned them really well, and there's no need to take it off. Is there a difference in rebound? Maybe a slight difference. However, it sounds good and I think it's going to work well.
Cool. Probably cranking the actual batter head helps too.