BIG BELL rides from lesser known brands?

Cederick

I know about all the big/mega/huge bell rides from Paiste, Zildjian, Sabian and Meinl.
I even have the Paiste 18" Psychoctopus ride :cool:

What other brands are making HUGE BELL rides?

I know about Orion also but I hear only bad opinions about that brands products.

What more???

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Are you just curious if anyone else makes them, or do all of these mega-bell rides lack something you're looking for?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I think Stagg has one, their cymbals aren't terrible.

Cederick

Was actually aware of the Soultone one but here nothing good about the brand reading on various forums about them

Captain Bash

Silver Member
If you want a really good bell sound get a UFIP from one of their heavier lines, like the Bionic series. The bells on UFIPs are in my experience the best. I have top end rides by Bosphorus, Istanbul, Zildjian and Paiste but for a heavy rock gig I always pull out the UFIP simply because the bells have a wonderfully developed clarity that the others don't posses.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Was actually aware of the Soultone one but here nothing good about the brand reading on various forums about them
Respectfully disagree.

Soultone is made at the same foundry as Masterworks and their cymbals are as good as any other top of the line cymbal.

They are legitimate hand hammered Turkish cymbals.

Big fan of their hi hats, especially the "Vintage Old School 1964" series. I have 4 pair. 5 of my 7 gig cymbals are Soultone, been playing them since 2011.

Cederick

Respectfully disagree.

Soultone is made at the same foundry as Masterworks and their cymbals are as good as any other top of the line cymbal.

They are legitimate hand hammered Turkish cymbals.

Big fan of their hi hats, especially the "Vintage Old School 1964" series. I have 4 pair. 5 of my 7 gig cymbals are Soultone, been playing them since 2011.
Oh shit, sorry...

I MEAN ORION

Not Soultone, goddamn. I meant Orion :) wrote the wrong brand