Best ride for the money

lefty2

Platinum Member
There's a million used top-notch rides for $200. I would visit some stores and try to figure out what kind of rides you like. Most cymbals that are the same size and model do not sound the same but are usually close. Paiste is the most consistent IMO but they all vary in sound a little. Once you have an idea what you're wanting you can shop on line at sites like Reverb a get a used top notch ride. I've bought and sold on Reverb several times and I think it's safe a good. There are probably other sites just like it. Guitar Center also sells used cymbals on line. I bought several used cymbals from my local drum store Midwest Drum and Percussion. Also you can listen to tons of cymbals @mycymbal.com check it out

wraub

I wanted a ride that could crash well, had a decent bell, that had some character but would fit in to a lot of musical situations. Also, on a low budget.

I wound up with a 22" 60s Zildjian, and I am pleased. It took some learning on my part to understand how to use it, but that's been well rewarded. I paid $75.
Shop wisely. :)

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Can anyone recommend an all-purpose ride. I’m not a pro, so I can’t see spending more than $200.
The problem with this question is you’re going to get all kinds of suggestions for $200. You need to tell us what kind of qualities you want, or better yet, your favorite ride cymbal sound off of your favorite Recording. That’s really the only way to pinpoint where you’re going.

iCe

The problem with this question is you’re going to get all kinds of suggestions for $200. You need to tell us what kind of qualities you want, or better yet, your favorite ride cymbal sound off of your favorite Recording. That’s really the only way to pinpoint where you’re going.

I was trying to find the right words to make that suggestion, but luckily you posted and saved me the effort hehe

Reactions: Jml

pgm554

Platinum Member
Used 21" Sabian raw bell dry rides can be had for under $200.
Zildjian K heavy 20 " are pretty tasty too and about the same pricing.

Bozozoid

Check out Carter McLean on YouTube playing various dry crashable rides. You may not like the cymbals..UNTIL you hear him playing them. The guy could make you want a trash can lid after he's used it

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Look in the General, Classified section of this forum. Things pop up from time to time. Look at entry #10.

Last edited:

JaysonJeanChannel

You should be able to find a 20” Zildjian K or Ping Ride, a 21” Zildjian Sweet Ride, or a 20” Zildjian A Custom medium Ride for under $200. Go on YouTube and listen to all of these.
Definitely the A Sweet Ride is my top pick. I was able to find multiple under $200 on Reverb. I bought mine for $170 and it's a beauty.

mikyok

Platinum Member
Far too many variables to give a definitive answer.

Shop around and trust your ears