Best place to buy heads?

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Is there a great place to buy heads, or do I need to just pay what everyone else pays?

I need some 14” Remo Coated Ambassadors. Thanks!

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I have one I can send you -- free of charge. It's brand new and still in its original box. I'm using Coated Powerstroke 3s on my snares now, with no intention of deviating. Just PM me and the Coated Ambassador is yours.
Wow!!! Thank you so much!!!! I've sent you a PM. :)

Superman

Gold Member
MF had a crazy sale about 9 years ago. Had coated 14" G1s for $4.99. I bought like 20 or 25. I doubt I'll ever find them that cheap again.

Last edited:

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
MF had a crazy sale about 9 years ago. Had coated 14" G2s for $4.99. I bought like 20 or 25. I doubt I'll ever find them that cheap again.

DrummingDeals.com has great deals on heads from time to time. Right now, they have an Emad and a G1 coated 14" for like $33 right now which is crazy-good. I keep an eye on their gear because you can't beat their prices.

organworthyplayer337

Musicians friend is great if you sign up for their rewards program. Takes a while but once your cash back points becomes available, some small accessories eventually pay for themselves

head prices are pretty consistent across dealers tho

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Might as well use Sweetwater and get free shipping.
This is my deal too.
I use them for many things that my local shop just doesn't (or won't) stock.
The free shipping & good customer service (in my experience) does it for me.

cbphoto

Gold Member
I tried to order one Evans 14” Genera batter from Sweetwater but it was not a regularly stocked item. To get a good price and free shipping, I would have to buy 10+ heads of the same brand/size/model.

And unfortunately Gearfest is again online only this year.

felonious69

Quick question, then:
I looked at Drumsonsale.com. For a 12inch snare side head, what does "No Collar" mean?

C.M. Jones

Quick question, then:
I looked at Drumsonsale.com. For a 12inch snare side head, what does "No Collar" mean?

The no-collar design is used mostly for marching snares but can work on any model. It takes extreme tension quite well. I don't crank my snare-side head to the point of popping, making no-collar engineering unnecessary in my case.

alparrott

Platinum Member
I have a pretty good arrangement with my local music shop in my area. Two or three times a year as they do big orders from D'Addario, they shoot me a message and ask me what heads I need or think I'll need. I try to make at least one good order from them per year, and I get 10 or 15 percent off the shop sticker price for my entire order. I may not save quite as much as I would from Amazon or Sweetwater or wherever, but I do help keep my local shop going.

Darth Vater

Which is why you chose to live there, am I right? 🤣
It's ironic in that I ordered from them a lot when I lived in NJ. Then I moved to Pittsburgh in 2011 and realized they were literally the next town over! It's an old church that is just FILLED with drum stuff. Greats guys too. I always make the sign of the cross when I walk in!(y)

bud7h4

Silver Member
Amazon sells them as well.

I was looking at heads and snare wires on Amazon but Sweetwater had the better price because of free shipping. I recently bought a couple of rack tubes from them, and with the low price + free shipping I don't know how they made a dime on that sale.