Best/Most Entertaining Drum Solo Videos

That's easy...

Neil Pearts' "Anatomy of a Drum Solo"

Period!

;-)

Yes, you probably know Neil Peart, if you dont...well, you havnt lived. But deffinetly check out Der Trommler from his R30 tour. O' Baterista is also in my opinion one of his best. And while im on the subject, did anyone here dislike the snakes and arrows solo, I absolutly loathed it compared to his others, I mean, the beginning part while he was on the front kit was phoenominal, but the waltz on the back kit, and all of the electronic sounds...

And while im on the subject, did anyone here dislike the snakes and arrows solo, I absolutly loathed it compared to his others, I mean, the beginning part while he was on the front kit was phoenominal, but the waltz on the back kit, and all of the electronic sounds...

Same here. It was not flowing, it was hampered by lack of build up (like previous solos) and some of the roland sounds were just crummy. It also felt like it was just random/ non sequiter ideas. S&A live is my least favorite solo.

Yes, you probably know Neil Peart, if you dont...well, you havnt lived. But deffinetly check out Der Trommler from his R30 tour. O' Baterista is also in my opinion one of his best. And while im on the subject, did anyone here dislike the snakes and arrows solo, I absolutly loathed it compared to his others, I mean, the beginning part while he was on the front kit was phoenominal, but the waltz on the back kit, and all of the electronic sounds...

Yea...

well it sorta grows on ya the more you watch it. At least, it did with me.

He's still the man to me...as if you didn't know. ;-)

Yea...

well it sorta grows on ya the more you watch it. At least, it did with me.

He's still the man to me...as if you didn't know. ;-)

I think no matter what he will always be the man, maybe he just made a bad decision

I spent the afternoon “homing from work” on youtube in hopes of poaching some new styles from the best I could find online, and afterwards felt it would be kind to offer up the fruits of my labors. While my own style (5 piece with a single splash that gets hit every few months) is much more on the straightforward, Matt Cameron rock style, I can certainly appreciate these guys on a technical level. Extra points go to drummers who can pull it off during an actual song (Danny, Carter, etc)...

A few surprises thrown in there as well for good measure.

http://www.redux.com/playlist/most_entertaining_drum_solos

OH MY GOD!!! ROFLMAO!!! That asian dude playing the drums on the keyboard was priceless. If you're a drummer who has ever had access to a keyboard with drum sounds you know you have tried this.......too effin funny.

Back