Best electronic drums

vadimb123

I am going to upgrade to a better kit. What do you think is the best electronic drum kit? I'm willing to spend up to $1,500.

I am going to upgrade to a better kit. What do you think is the best electronic drum kit? I'm willing to spend up to $1,500.
I’d suggest the Yamaha DTX6 series, great feel all around and the internal sounds are best of its class

Unfortunately, you won't get anywhere near the "best" options for $1,500. As a previous commenter stated, the top of line V Drums are $6,000. The brain module alone I think is well over $1,500, and that's without any drums or cymbals.

"Best" is subjective.
The "best" is the the one YOU play and YOU like the sound of, like the feel of, has the features you require (download and read the manuals), and fits your budget.

Last edited:
I have a Roland td17- kvx. It is priced a bit higher than your stated budget though.

You can buy the Roland td17- kv for less than your budget and then upgrade it with the hihat and add another cymbal. The only thing you would be missing is the three zone ride. The kv has a two zone.

This is the route I took so mine started life as a kv. Now it is 98% a kvx.

I use mine for “silent” practice ( headphones) and working out ideas. The sounds are just ok, but features and adjustments to the sounds/ sensitivity are pretty good. The Bluetooth feature is really good.

Back