Best electronic drum sets in my opinion

Travis z

This is my best electronic drum sets list:

Alesis Nitro & alesis DM6 for (beginners)
Alesis Forge (best affordable)
Yamaha DTX450K – (for Practicing)
Alesis DM10 – (for Recording)
Roland TD-30KV THE BEST
What is your lists guys?

This is my best electronic drum sets list:

Alesis Nitro & alesis DM6 for (beginners)
Alesis Forge (best affordable)
Yamaha DTX450K – (for Practicing)
Alesis DM10 – (for Recording)
Roland TD-30KV THE BEST
What is your lists guys?

You've got all those? Quite a collection.

I think for the pros, there are only two choices: Roland or Yamaha.
But after seeing Pearls Mimic system, this will be the new system I think people will want to get into.

However, I also believe that for the cost of the Roland TD-whatever, you can get a nice console and mics for your acoustics and make great recordings and be prepared to go live with.

I recently bought a Nitro kit so I could play low vol. small space sandwich shops etc. I've played one gig, 2 rehearsals, and quite a few hr. at home figuring out all the sounds I wanted. I'm very pleased with it for the price. Once I got all the settings dialed in, the only problem I encountered was the rim sound on the snare. It cuts out when I play a fast country shuffle or 2 step beat. I ended up using my sample pad for the cross stick sound. I use the pad anyway for sound effects, train whistles, dogs barking etc. so it wasn't a big deal. I highly recommend it as a beginners kit.

I have a Roland TD-25kv.
Haven't really experienced anything else other than some really low end stuff.
I think in terms of how expensive Roland kits are, the td-25kv is great value and it performs well.
The only thing I would criticise it for is it not having more inputs to add extra pads.
But the performance and the way you can customise every drum and cymbal, as well as the recording feature and coach modes makes for a fantastic kit.

I'm Using this [redacted] Check it out. It also Have some relevant Best Electronic Drum sets

That's a joke article, isn't it? (just a way to harvest Amazon affiliate clicks - must be!)

Rockjam and a bunch of kid's toys ! On a site registered a couple of weeks ago.

(Funny - your name changes on the different forums you've posted this on....)

71gn93CKUYL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I have a TD-30K. It's quite good, but I'm planning to sell it to move to an EAD10-based drum setup. Feel it's much, much better.

Then again, I'll probably change my mind and keep the kit, heh.

I've used the Alesis DM10 in the past and it's a great starter set. Fairly big with all the options, but having played a Roland V-drum (can't remember the type) and a Yamaha DTX-treme III in a shop once i must say the only thing that comes near the real feel are those expensive ones.
I never got used to the small kick tower on mu DM10, the small snare and the small toms. Also the hi-hat trigger feels weird to me, but it does improve greatly if you use a Goedrum trigger on a real hi-hat setup (some DIY action needed there).
The only downside is that those high-end rolands are so expensive, otherwise i would have gotten one years ago.
Was almost about to get the Alesis Strike Pro, but eventually didn't do that and converted an acoustic kit to an electric kit (and used the DM10 module as a trigger I/O hooked on to my computer which ran Superior Drummer 3).
But from what I've read here and on other forums, Roland takes the lead and sounds the most organic.

Pearl will win everything. It's just a matter of time.

Back