Best Drummers Gig Ever?

The Shepherd

Let me go back in time and kick Phil Rudd off his throne and be drummer for the Live at River Plate concert.

The energy in that stadium, holy shit!

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Nobody wants to play jazz or big band? I’d love to have played with Brubeck or Vince Guaraldi. Just straight-ahead music. So simple, so bare bones. You can hear every single nuance of all 3 players. Cymbal colors can be heard in such perfect detail. The exact texture of a snare buzz roll can be appreciated.

mikyok

Platinum Member
Toto, Lenny Castro is your right hand man literally!

For sheer fun, Paul McCartney plus I know all the harmonies too...........Abe has my dream job!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Nobody wants to play jazz or big band? I’d love to have played with Brubeck or Vince Guaraldi. Just straight-ahead music. So simple, so bare bones. You can hear every single nuance of all 3 players. Cymbal colors can be heard in such perfect detail. The exact texture of a snare buzz roll can be appreciated.
oh man...definitely those 2 groups!! Would have loved to have played with Eugene Wright and the rest of the Time Out line up...

my dad used to sit me in his lap, put the sticks in my hands, and he would work the pedals, and make me "play along" to Take Five, 3 to Get Ready etc...like when I was 2 years old. I have very vivid memories of those days...and I KNOW that is what set me on my path