Best Double Bass Drum Pedal

mrjones

I bought the trick dominator double pedal and I could not get used to the compression spring setup .it was like hitting a wall before the beater hit the head so I looked up and unlimited and saw what they did to modify the bias rod and made the modifications myself.as I am a transmission rebuilder and work in a shop with the tooling to do so .what a difference .I absolutely love these pedals now.

NackAttack

I bought the trick dominator double pedal and I could not get used to the compression spring setup .it was like hitting a wall before the beater hit the head so I looked up and unlimited and saw what they did to modify the bias rod and made the modifications myself.as I am a transmission rebuilder and work in a shop with the tooling to do so .what a difference .I absolutely love these pedals now.
That’s awesome! I would love to try the bias rod upgrade, but they are pretty pricey. The compression spring feel doesn’t bother me like it does some people, so there is a chance I wouldn’t use them if I bought them anyways. Did you modify your existing bias rods? That would be scary!

bud7h4

Silver Member
That’s awesome! I would love to try the bias rod upgrade, but they are pretty pricey. The compression spring feel doesn’t bother me like it does some people, so there is a chance I wouldn’t use them if I bought them anyways. Did you modify your existing bias rods? That would be scary!

The spring design feels odd to me. If I remember correctly, the company points out that there's minimum resistance in the down stroke until just before impact, and that's what I don't like. Some resistance in the middle of the stroke gives direct drive pedals a pendulum feel which is useful for control.
This "resistance" in the physics sense is not to be confused with mechanical resistance (like friction) which actually slows the pedal down.

Last edited:

mrjones

You know I have not been playing the drums all that long but I've used different pedals and as soon as I put them on the bass drum I didn't like them .if I backed the adjusters off they were just super loose and if you got the adjustment where you like it there would be a lot of resistance before the beater hit the head .I just zoomed in on the acd bias rods to see what they did and modified my own .I did the measurements with a micrometer