Best Double Bass Drum Pedal

"Speaking" in monotone isn't really "pitch" is it? I'm referring to certain instances of rap I've heard, which is just rhythmic noises (percussive samples) with words spoken rhythmically (albeit, sometimes with very interesting rhythms) and no harmonic content to speak of. I'm sure that not all rap is like that, but the stuff that I was referring to definitely is.
Er....anything monotone has a pitch. "A" being the operative word. It has a single pitch, or tone. A mono pitch or tone if you will. Mono means one, not none.
I don't think that applies anymore. Society and civilization in general has gone downhill drastically ever since about 2010. Pretty much all predicted by Henry George in the 19th century:

Okay, interesting....but one guy in the past saying "the end will come" says nothing. I can find a guy in the past who will back up any argument I might make with the promise of an apocalypse, pretty much.
Change isn't the destruction of things its merely the change of things.
So your argument sounds to be that you not a fan of something modern....Well, as JimmyM earlier pointed out, if the music of the kids doesn't upset the older generation, they're doing it wrong. Epater le bourgeois and all that.
Civilization has been in a decline since time began.
Although I'm not sure about this either. All societies are prone to decline, laws of thermodynamics really, all systems head towards entropy. But that doesn't stop new kingdoms rising from the ashes and all that, Rome wasn't built in a day, but there was a time before Rome and Rome was built, ie, society was on the incline.

Society has evolved to stop hitting rocks against each other and we now have technology and communications etc. I don't think we can say we're in a position of decline from creating fire in a cave.

What has happened since the beginning of time, is change. Again change is not a decline, its just different.
I'm sure the first time rap music was heard by westerners they didn't feel it was music. Now, there's evidently debate at least so acceptance has grown.
I'm sure the first time gamelan music was heard, the colonial explorers didn't see it as music.
The first time the Romans encountered bagpipes, one probably thought they lacked rhythm and didn't think it was music.
When human-kind meets aliens for the first time we probably won't recognise their music as music, nor vice versa.

Over time, these attitudes have and will change.

For the record I'm not really a rap fan at all, although these two tracks I think are incredible pieces of music encompassing two very different ends of a spectrum tonally, musically different, but both the same artist who raps.

Last edited:
So your argument sounds to be that you not a fan of something modern...
Modern? Rap is now to be considered modern? Okay. Enjoy your modern "music" with spoken word (mostly profance) said over either sampled tracks, or horribly programmed machines (gotta dig the beats yo!)

Next you'll be telling me that limericks are hip. But then again, sea shanties were a thing recently too, so.... Whatever. Rap is an abomination as far as I'm concerned.

Okay, interesting....but one guy in the past saying "the end will come" says nothing. I can find a guy in the past who will back up any argument I might make with the promise of an apocalypse, pretty much.
Henry George's book isn't one guy saying the end will come. It's a treatise on the questions of why poverty accompanies economic and technological progress and why economies exhibit a tendency toward cyclical boom and bust. George uses history and deductive logic to argue for a radical solution focusing on the capture of economic rent from natural resource and land titles. It just so happens to mention things that I felt were applicable to the demise of good music in the popular realm.

Er....anything monotone has a pitch. "A" being the operative word. It has a single pitch, or tone. A mono pitch or tone if you will. Mono means one, not none.
I know what monotone means. I was speaking figuratively. Speaking as opposed to singing (melodically) in jagged syncopated rhythms is interesting, but hardly musical.

I know what monotone means. I was speaking figuratively. Speaking as opposed to singing (melodically) in jagged syncopated rhythms is interesting, but hardly musical.
Medium of expression...in jagged syncopated rhythms is interesting (audibly), therefore...I fail to reach the same conclusion that you do.
Modern? Rap is now to be considered modern? Okay. Enjoy your modern "music" with spoken word (mostly profance) said over either sampled tracks, or horribly programmed machines (gotta dig the beats yo!)

Next you'll be telling me that limericks are hip. But then again, sea shanties were a thing recently too, so.... Whatever. Rap is an abomination as far as I'm concerned.
It is modern in the grand scheme of things. Music has been around for thousands of years, for the sake of argument, let's say 5000? I'm confident we could talk 50,000 or 500,000 but let's keep it simple. Rap has not been around so long. Shall we say 50 years? Early 70s.
5000 years of music
50 years of rap.
A ratio of 100, or in the most modern 1%.
How modern does it have to be for you to call modern?
Henry George's book isn't one guy saying the end will come. It's a treatise on the questions of why poverty accompanies economic and technological progress and why economies exhibit a tendency toward cyclical boom and bust. George uses history and deductive logic to argue for a radical solution focusing on the capture of economic rent from natural resource and land titles. It just so happens to mention things that I felt were applicable to the demise of good music in the popular realm.
The entire population of some guys in the past who's writing agrees with a doom scenario, by definition, aren't just some guys, they're all guys with access to enough education to read and write, and enough wealth to publish and the luxury of time to write etc etc. Of course your guy isn't just some illiterate field worker.
Still doesn't mean I hold that much value in such works as any more than a step towards a wider understanding.

I could talk about Aristotle for quite a long time, he has some fantastic points, but it's still only a step on a journey to a broader understanding of philosophy. No one has "finished" a topic, even, sticking to the sphere of philosophy, Wittgenstein claimed to have finished the subject and then made a very embarrassing return to writing when he realised he was wrong.
As times change books inherently become important documents of history but not a blue print for the future. Times have changed too much since George's day to learn the absolute answers from him, he now only serves as a historical record and a tool to explore ideas and therefore expand your own reasoning and learning.

Anyway, without having read his works, my opinion is only based on, well my own past experience of reading (or my book history if you will) and deductive logic, but perhaps those can be wrong.

And I thought Talkbass was good at sidebars that are completely unrelated to the topic...you guys are MASTERS! Aristotle, hip hop, and bass drum pedals. Makes perfect sense.

I recently bought my self a DW3000 , D pedal it's a very smooth pedal in not a fast player, but this pedal is capable of very fast, foot work , and with great smoothness, terrific pedal, Love it.

I use a DW 3000 and never had a problem terrific pedal very smooth and silent, no squeaks that can annoy the crap out of you.

Hi:

What recommendations do you have for Double Bass Drum Pedals. Which is the best - and why?

Looking at a whole bunch right now and I need your help.

Has anyone tried the Duallist? Or the Off Center one?

Thanks for the help.

Drummerd99

Back before I was obsessed with playing double kick I was in the same boat. I had a drummer friend tell me those cheap "Dixon" double kicks were fine and he played one for years. Back then they were around $200 Canadian. I bought those and managed to learn to play tempos of around 200 on them. The point is, just use whatever you can at first. If you don't know what you're looking for, how could you ever find it? If it's comfortable, that's all you need. Best of luck with your hunt.

I bought the trick dominator double pedal and I could not get used to the compression spring setup .it was like hitting a wall before the beater hit the head so I looked up and unlimited and saw what they did to modify the bias rod and made the modifications myself.as I am a transmission rebuilder and work in a shop with the tooling to do so .what a difference .I absolutely love these pedals now.

Back