Best beater for elctronics drums

bud7h4

Silver Member
My choice is almost always Iron Cobra beaters (felt or wood). Felt makes less noise, if that's a factor. What type of material is that pad? I did a search but all I could find was "protective coating" whatever that means.

roncadillac

I agree with @bud7h4 above, I exclusively use the Tama IC beaters. They are light as a feather but punch like a hammer.

As to specific beaters for ekits... I unfortunately can't help much there. While I don't own edrums I have played and recorded on several (from low to high end) and one thing they all had in common: the bass 'drum' head was destroyed lol. The ones with a mesh head were torn and taped and the ones with a rubber pad had a dent in the middle.

It may be best to shoot an email to the manufacturer of your ekit and see what they recommend. I've heard felt tears right through mesh for example.

defregano

Felt will ruin the mesh head. Stick a patch on the head first. I’m using an Aquarian thin patch and katt silent stroke beaters with some beater weights.

Shedboyxx

Silver Member
Felt will ruin the mesh head. Stick a patch on the head first. I’m using an Aquarian thin patch and katt silent stroke beaters with some beater weights.
I agree that the felt beater is ultimately bad for a mesh head. That's for sure so get any smooth plastic beater that feels good. Not sure about using the patch but....I don't speak from experience