Best batter for a 26"

Bull

Gold Member
It depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I like a Coated Powerstroke 4 batter and either a Smooth White Powerstroke 3 or Emperor for a reso.

drumnut87

totally depends on what sound you want and feel you want. my personal go to head would be an aquarian superkick series head if it was me.

harryconway

Platinum Member
Totally depends on what sound you're looking for. Also, not all 26's are created equal.

That said, I have a Ludwig 3 ply 26x14, with a Superkick I batter and a Fiberskyn2 reso.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
I like a coated PS3 or an EQ4. I have them both on a 24" and a 26" Classic Maple. They both tune up well, and if you want to tune low they won't have a papery quality that you can get with an Ambassador or G1. I have found this is more pronounced when not using muffling or a port. If I just want a fast, punchy kick when using a mic inside w or w/o a port Emad it is.

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
All good advice here, Have gone for Evans Calftone and Calftone Emad as all I can get otherwise are clear heads and I'm not a fan , I like coated heads. Have done the power stroke 3 batter and fibrskyn combo before on Ludwig Legacy Maple and like it, thought I'd try something different on a Walnut 26" by 12" this time. can always try something else later I guess.